Dovii I.D

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I can get hold of dovii in the north west at around 1" mark , few of my LFS have breeders I got a male few months back he's doing fine

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

caribexr2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2011
Newcastle
Well guys I'm in Durham and have 11 youngsters I'm raising so when I've found my ideal male from amongst those you can come pick up the rest between you ;)
I'm in Newcastle and should have fry this morning if my calculations for hatching are correct.

where did you get you Dovii from?

It was Chilton aquatics that had advertised as having Dovii but they were definitely Mana

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
Got my Dovii off a guy called Danny in North Shields...his pair are wild from Rapps via Oddball... not sure if they are Costa or Nic variations... Yeah, it was Chilton I saw who had been selling the Jags as Dovii... its just their ignorance really of what Dovii should look like and the supplier must be the Czechs...

caribexr2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2011
Newcastle
Annoying as it's an hours drive from mine and I called before I left and they were 100 percent positive they were Dovii even when I told them as soon as I saw them that they were Jags. Even when I pointed out all the differences. Red eye for one! I even showed images of baby Jags. Frustrating as they have a decent reputation

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
Yeah I told them the exact same months ago but he hasn't changed the names... He wants to listen especially if its more than one telling him. In his defense, Paul doesn't know much about New world cichlids... I had to correct him about selling these cichlids as Sajica when they were Cutteri and he listened there - mind you Cutteri are more in demand and he saw that correction as an advantage.... being told his Dovii are Jags, reduces the potential of the saleability of these fish so I'm thinking he might be hanging onto the name and ignoring advise.

caribexr2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2011
Newcastle
Just concerns me that shops still do that.

Although I always had Dovii in stock when I ran a fish shop they were from my bbreeding pairs. No one really wants them anyway apart from crazy people, no offense meant as I love them

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
Just concerns me that shops still do that.

Although I always had Dovii in stock when I ran a fish shop they were from my bbreeding pairs. No one really wants them anyway apart from crazy people, no offense meant as I love them
Crazy fish for crazy people :D the hunt continues..

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
I must be a proper case me.... I got Red Devils, Red Terrors, Dovii and a Black Piranha now

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store