Dovii, Managuense, RTM CANINES/FANGS Question????

Piranhas and Cichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2009
Bowie MD
Hey folks! I have a question I hope yall can help me with. One of my male dovii had a great big set of fangs in his mouth when I bought him. It was one of the main reasons I bought him. His color is not the best, but the teeth were huge and very noticeable. Well he recently was doin alot of lip locking with one of my Jags and then with my female RTM and now his fangs appear to be gone. :-( The female RTM still has her fangs intact though.

So my question is, do they're teeth break-off? And if so, do they grow back(and if so, how long does it usually take for them to grow back)???

Thanks!!!

KP

Piranhas and Cichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2009
Bowie MD
Anybody?

Piranhas and Cichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2009
Bowie MD
gnuisance;3308685; said:
kind of an obscure question bro
How so? With all the members on here, I'm guessing(and hoping) that atleast some have had a similar experience.

cichlidinsomniac

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2007
Tampa
my old rtm would lose teeth in fights and they grew back with time

SiestaSkyy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2006
Brooklyn, MI
Yes your fish are going to lose teeth, yes they will grow back.

Cecropia

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2008
US
Mine knocked out his bottom "canines" a week or so ago. They just started coming back. He stuck with 2 front buck teeth for now :D

mbunafishkeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2007
Bristol (UK)
the teeth would have fallen out, not broken off. they should grow back over a period of time, it wont be anything overnight.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Yes, they break off during courtship and fighting. They do grow back in time it's not uncommon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store