Dovii X Rose Queen hybrid!?!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
The parents may not be eating in order to protect the fry, if they had serious stress they may have gulped them all already. Probably just parenting.

Fry are quite sensitive to water quality so I would be careful with meds

Reactions: MrDuckBootz

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
Ok good I was tweaking about it lol. I'll try and get a pic from under the slate but the pics I've taken are terrible quality I'll try again once I get home tho

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
I checked under the slate again and there gone. There also not swimming with either parents. Did the RQ move them or should I assume the worst...

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
I'm pretty sure they were the first of there kind. I've never seen anything about Dovii RQ hybrids anywhere other then the stuff I posted.

fisheatfish

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
OC, CA
Next batch, remove eggs to smaller tank. All you need is a heater & sspongfilter with pump. That'll guarantee no chance of them getting eaten.

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
They eat their eggs sack in the first 24-36 hours after they hatch and start wiggling around. Crush pellet food into a powder and then mix it with some water from your tank. Then suck up the food in a turkey baster and slowly squirt it at the babies. The mother and father are going to go crazy as they bite the baster. thats totally normal, just be careful you don't get attacked because bites from those two will hurt and drawl some blood. Parents sometimes don't eat for 1-3 days after the eggs hatch. Try feeding them some blood worm or finely chopped shrimp. Sometimes the parents won't eat floating pellets because that pulls them away from their young. But frozen bloodworm and finely chopped cooked shrimp will sink to them and then they will eat. Don't treat the tank with any medicines or salt as it will kill the babies.

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
They eat their eggs sack in the first 24-36 hours after they hatch and start wiggling around. Crush pellet food into a powder and then mix it with some water from your tank. Then suck up the food in a turkey baster and slowly squirt it at the babies. The mother and father are going to go crazy as they bite the baster. thats totally normal, just be careful you don't get attacked because bites from those two will hurt and drawl some blood. Parents sometimes don't eat for 1-3 days after the eggs hatch. Try feeding them some blood worm or finely chopped shrimp. Sometimes the parents won't eat floating pellets because that pulls them away from their young. But frozen bloodworm and finely chopped cooked shrimp will sink to them and then they will eat. Don't treat the tank with any medicines or salt as it will kill the babies.
How long until I could expect more eggs? Or could they just **** and I'd have eggs by Friday?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store