Drip system questions

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
the person who recommended I use the ball valve to regulate the pressure has been dripping for quite some time, don't think a globe valve is needed.
I am not piercing the line and running individual emitters off the line I'm running one line from the reducing coupler to the 450gallon then when I need to add other lines down the road I'll close the ball valve and tee off the 1/4" line to other tanks
That’s how I did it as well. I took a picture of how I tied into my sink line for you so it makes more sense if I’m confusing you I apologize. 1C8DB1FE-546D-413B-9D46-265FE80E07EC.jpeg
The line on the right is what feeds my pressure regulator then goes through my carbon filter.
A6C13685-A130-4E0D-B454-708C5E8F21F6.jpeg
If you are running multiple drips you would have to change the design a little but you get the idea.

Reactions: jaws7777

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I would get the pressure regulator still. Pressures can change in your delivery system based on temp and usage. I made sure that it wouldn't really matter in my setup if pressure went up it'd just flow more water and do larger changes. Not the end of the world. If your drain system can handle it and it's not going to effect tank temp if your output increases don't worry about it, but if it could cause a overflow or temp to be too cold might want to invest in one even with the ball valve. I put a thermal regulator valve in and ran both hot and cold, drip water is 78f. And unless it put so much water as to completely drain my hotwater tank then I may have issues. But last part in the system is a ball valve to control the drip rate. I didn't use the emitters I had purchased.

Reactions: tcav88

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
I would get the pressure regulator still. Pressures can change in your delivery system based on temp and usage. I made sure that it wouldn't really matter in my setup if pressure went up it'd just flow more water and do larger changes. Not the end of the world. If your drain system can handle it and it's not going to effect tank temp if your output increases don't worry about it, but if it could cause a overflow or temp to be too cold might want to invest in one even with the ball valve. I put a thermal regulator valve in and ran both hot and cold, drip water is 78f. And unless it put so much water as to completely drain my hotwater tank then I may have issues. But last part in the system is a ball valve to control the drip rate. I didn't use the emitters I had purchased.
I ordered the regulator. I'll run it inline as a failsafe if anything, the drain I'm drilling in the sump with most likely be for a 1.5" bulkhead and I was gonna change 5gph on this tank so little more than 100 gallons per day dilluted

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store