Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
0 ppm
If yes, what is your nitrite?
0 ppm
If yes, what is your nitrate?
5 ppm
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
I just noticed this on my Tire Track Eel. On a human I would think Ringworm, but no, nothing has been added to the tank and yes, I do multiple water changes per week and test the water. Hoping it's just a slight injury.

I know the Nitrate is slightly elevated, and I'm doing a water change tomorrow.
Thanks.

20200411_211011_HDR.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Haven’t seen something that before. Looks like it got stuck on a intake. Keep the water clean and watch the area. Tankamtes?

Reactions: tlindsey

DeathStalker

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2015
United States
Intakes are Fluval FX6. I'm thinking maybe jammed herself on part of the driftwood or one of the rocks. Just never done that before, only minor scrapes and stuff. No tank mates that would ever give her an issue (she's 3').

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
You obviously have a lamprey infestation in that tank...

I obviously have no idea. Really looks like what kno4te kno4te suggested: an injury from getting temporarily stuck on a filter intake. You said you had Fluval fx6 filters; I'm not familiar with them. Do they have something in their construction which makes this impossible?

Reactions: deeda

DeathStalker

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2015
United States
No, the FX6s do not - they have a filtered grate, nothing like this. I suppose it could be a heater burn, but the heater is a Cobalt solid unit (they're flat, not cylindrical).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store