Eheim Jäger 200W Heater turning Yellow

EBJDLuke

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2015
I've had this heater running on my 40 breeder for a few months now and noticed it was developing this calcium like yellow layer on the outside of the glass heater. It feels like a thin rough layer but I don't know what is causing this and if it means my heater is going to fail on me. If any of you have had this happen to your heater or have a possible explanation as to what it could be I'm all ears!

image.jpg

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Seems like oxidation on the filament. Is it broken or any suddent impact on the joint where it meets with the plastic cap ?
I've had this heater running on my 40 breeder for a few months now and noticed it was developing this calcium like yellow layer on the outside of the glass heater. It feels like a thin rough layer but I don't know what is causing this and if it means my heater is going to fail on me. If any of you have had this happen to your heater or have a possible explanation as to what it could be I'm all ears!

View attachment 1161080

EBJDLuke

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2015
Seems like oxidation on the filament. Is it broken or any suddent impact on the joint where it meets with the plastic cap ?
No, no breaks or anything and the heater seems to be working just fine just this layer of whatever has acumulated on it over the past month.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Does it wipe off with your finger?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store