Electric Blue Jack Dempsey Growth Journal

Bluesandtwo

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2019
London UK
The slower growing one has much richer/nicer colours and fins come to more of a point. Also a more pointer face. Generally a more attractive specimen.

Whereas the faster growing one is also significantly more chunky as well as longer. Like very very chunky. This is the dominent one if the two EBAs and it will flare at the smaller one. Yet it won't dare mess with the EBJD who is king of the tank.

The photo I just uploaded doesn't do justice to the differences between the two.

Reactions: DwarfCichlidLvr

DwarfCichlidLvr

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2020
Unfortunately the pair had been kept in an African cichlid tank in the fish shop so fins were in a bad state. Both were about 1 inch then. The one in the photo is now around 3.5 inches but fins are repairing very slowly if at all. Whereas the other is growing much slower in comparison and is around 2.5 inches but fins are completely repaired.

I'm not sure why?

Quick snap of the two of them taken just now for comparison, sorry for the poor quality.
View attachment 1418403
Aww. that's too bad. Hope they both heal up all they way.

Bluesandtwo

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2019
London UK
7th June 2020. 6 inches.

Sadly this will be my last update as I've re-homed my gorgeous EBJD. I'm having to shut down the 6 Foot tank to make room; and will be focusing on smaller biotope projects.

I hope this thread has put down some rumours about EBJD being weak and all dying young. Mine has grown from 2 inches to 6 inches in 6 months. Incredibly strong, was king of the tank and without a doubt will make 8-10 inches at this rate. I dare say I could have got it to 12 inches given it's growth rate.

I hope you all enjoyed the thread.

20200603_182616.jpg

20200509_092856.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store