Electric Yellow Acting Very Strange

Soco

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2015
Johannesburg
www.vetexonline.co.za
Hey everyone

Yesterday I have started to see a very strange change in one of my Electric Yellow Cichlids (Yellow Lab, Lemon Drop Cichlid, Blue Streak Hap, Labido, Lemon Yellow Lab)

One of them just sits in a vertical position for most of the time and I can't
seem to figure out why because hi tank mate (another electric yellow) is super healthy, no marks or anything, no bullying from what i have seen and they have 110 liter tank which I have been told is sufficient.

What could be causing this?

Sorry for the crappy photo but he
won't move from there :(

IMG_0630.jpg

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
He appears to be hiding and/or stressed out. Are there other labs in the tank? Have you noticed any aggression between them?

Soco

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2015
Johannesburg
www.vetexonline.co.za
Hi Pharaoh thank you for your response!

Yes there is one other lab in the tank (slightly larger than that one).There doesn't seem to be any aggression between the two of them because whenever I see them they are on opposite sides of the tank.

This one does have a lot of discolouration, a few black marks around the body which I'm assuming is stress related, she has had these marks since I moved them in this tank. They both were in a larger tank with my convicts but they didn't get a long very well so I took them out and put them in a new tank, this did happen a few weeks ago the larger fish has recovered very well from the stress marks he had, but this poor little girl seems to be getting worse and worse.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store