Electrical lighting question

vtnamezeboi

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2005
I have 3 kessil lights connected to a power strip. My question is, can I somehow ruin the lights if I turn on and off the lights using power strip only? Kinda tired of turning them on and off one by one.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I have 3 kessil lights connected to a power strip. My question is, can I somehow ruin the lights if I turn on and off the lights using power strip only? Kinda tired of turning them on and off one by one.
The thing more likely to damage them is frequent power cycling: The constant heat expansions and contractions.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I run all of the lights on 5 tanks plus my orchids off of one timer and multiplug. Then they all go on/come off simultaneously :)

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
Why don't you have the power strip on a timer? Turning the lights on and off manually....Screw that.

Reactions: twentyleagues

blackwolf911

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
new york
It's usually not the actual light that gets damaged but the power supplies just go over time. They can be replaced though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store