Emergency: Help Needed with Ray (sticky)

Piscine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Northwestern Louisiana
Do you really think people are going to remove water, do a water change, then test three cups of water to prove that they aren't lying about their test results just so they can fill out a huge questionnaire in an emergency? I don't think this is sticky worthy.

I'm just sayin.

hbluehunter

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Lynnwood, Wa.
Piscine;4739605; said:
Do you really think people are going to remove water, do a water change, then test three cups of water to prove that they aren't lying about their test results just so they can fill out a huge questionnaire in an emergency? I don't think this is sticky worthy.

I'm just sayin.
I hear ya, They probably won't or atleast the noobs won't. :(
This is a good idea and would help out for all the fish sections not just rays.

bcfd144

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2010
Missouri
well for the ones who are wanting real help and willing to do things right, they will.
And any person who asks for help, we here giving the help can refer them to this sticky (if its made a sticky) to help us get the info needed faster in order to help better. So may times people post asking for help. It takes 20 or more responces to get all the info just to find out they didnt do one simple thing that would have helped or may have caused the problem. If we have this info first, we might know that and get the issue fixed for them rt away and get the ray help faster...
Its an idea alot of us have worked on on here and we feel it might help get us the info faster than keep having to ask over and over to get the answer to help them.
Even if this helps one person, its worth it..

Piscine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Northwestern Louisiana
It takes longer to do a 30% water change on a monster tank/pond and test 2 extra sets of water than it does to sign in and answer a few questions, but good luck with it. It sounds all good in theory, but I don't think it will be so simple in practice. There will always be more questions.

Again, Just sayin.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis

bcfd144

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2010
Missouri

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
ANYONE buy a ray or any other kind of fish should have brought a test kit before buying the fish and know how to use it and know what the results mean

Make a sticky out of what rays are not for a rookie fish keeper they are for people who have been keeping fish for some time and know all about water parameter

It's only monkeys who take tank water into a LFS when they have a problem

Doing a water change should be done weekly or twice weekly to keep on top of nitrate

Nitrie and ammonia should be fine if you cycled the tank properly and you are not badly over stocked

Making this a sticky is a waste of time as a new ray keeper should know all the thing mention in this thread if they have done some research and read the other stickys on this board

bcfd144

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2010
Missouri
Making this a sticky is a waste of time as a new ray keeper should know all the thing mention in this thread if they have done some research and read the other stickys on this board

so its a waste of time to have a sticky that will help people and help the people who ask for help get us the info faster to see what all we can do to get the ray better??
I agree that people should do their research before keeping any kind of fish, but things happen and some people may not know what is the best thing to do for whatever problem they are having. Isnt this site, not only a place to chat with people who have the same intrest, but also to help if anyone has a problem? And if making this a sticky only helps just one person, isnt that worth it?

Piscine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Northwestern Louisiana
bcfd144;4745081; said:
so its a waste of time to have a sticky that will help people and help the people who ask for help get us the info faster to see what all we can do to get the ray better??
I agree that people should do their research before keeping any kind of fish, but things happen and some people may not know what is the best thing to do for whatever problem they are having. Isnt this site, not only a place to chat with people who have the same intrest, but also to help if anyone has a problem?
It is very much a place for helping fellow hobbyists...You fail to recognize that what you are attempting to do here has already been done. If I didn't know better, I'd say you just want your username under a sticky. jkjk

bcfd144

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2010
Missouri
Piscine;4745092; said:
It is very much a place for helping fellow hobbyists...You fail to recognize that what you are attempting to do here has already been done. If I didn't know better, I'd say you just want your username under a sticky. jkjk

This has nothing to do with me, there were SEVERAL members on here who put all their efforts into making this post. Johno, me and several others. Johno and I finalized the layout. Either he or I was going to post this. Its not about getting your name on anything, its about helping someone. When we all talked about this sticky, it was because there were several threads posted in just a few day period asking for help. So Johno started something like this to get advice from others as to what would make a good sticky. This was the final layout..
and we were hoping the Mods would make it a sticky. So info can be given faster to us from people who were asking for help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store