Emergency: Help Needed with Ray (sticky)

Piscine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Northwestern Louisiana
bcfd144;4745137; said:
This has nothing to do with me, there were SEVERAL members on here who put all their efforts into making this post. Johno, me and several others. Johno and I finalized the layout. Either he or I was going to post this. Its not about getting your name on anything, its about helping someone. When we all talked about this sticky, it was because there were several threads posted in just a few day period asking for help. So Johno started something like this to get advice from others as to what would make a good sticky. This was the final layout..
and we were hoping the Mods would make it a sticky. So info can be given faster to us from people who were asking for help.
Again,

You fail to recognize that what you are attempting to do here has already been done. If I didn't know better, I'd say you just want your username under a sticky. jkjk

bcfd144

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2010
Missouri
ok, well we posted it. trying to help get info faster.
But I guess we will have to agree to disagree as to what alot of us on here think will help get us info faster to better the problem they may be having
And well, I guess myself , johno and others on here are blind and dont see a sticky that helps get info to everyone on here faster when asking for help with a problem.
I do know that if I asked for help for something I needed, that several people on here would do what they could to help me. Just like they would do for anyone on here needing something. Not all of us are perfect fish keepers and know everything to do to help our fish when we have a problem like you do... thanks for your imput..

Piscine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Northwestern Louisiana
bcfd144;4745182; said:
ok, well we posted it. trying to help get info faster.
But I guess we will have to agree to disagree as to what alot of us on here think will help get us info faster to better the problem they may be having
And well, I guess myself , johno and others on here are blind and dont see a sticky that helps get info to everyone on here faster when asking for help with a problem.
I do know that if I asked for help for something I needed, that several people on here would do what they could to help me. Just like they would do for anyone on here needing something. Not all of us are perfect fish keepers and know everything to do to help our fish when we have a problem like you do... thanks for your imput..
I am far from all-knowing. I'm not trying to down you. I'm trying to help you understand that there is already a sticky, as someone stated earlier, and that the testing of 3 water samples shouldn't be a first step before asking a question. There is no point other than to satisfy the supposed "helper" who is giving advice. There is no reason for the sarcasm. I am not attacking you or trying to put you down. The link has been posted and your questions answered. Case closed.

bcfd144

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2010
Missouri
we were hoping to get it put on the stingray forum, being not everyone goes searching for help threads when asking for help with their rays. They usually just come to the ray forum and ask for help. So we thought having the help information posted under a sticky on the ray forum would help and be faster.. at least it would be there if they wanted to use it, and for those that dont want to, dont have to..
It was and is just a informational forum to just help gather info faster, so that the problem may be found faster... thanks :)

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Piscine;4745092; said:
It is very much a place for helping fellow hobbyists...You fail to recognize that what you are attempting to do here has already been done. If I didn't know better, I'd say you just want your username under a sticky. jkjk
And that's the same thing I was thinking user name power lol

If you take out all the things in the list of ?s that any fish keeper should know before getting into ray then you are left with just a few ?s

People also like to ask ?s directly and should know the water temp ammonia nitrates PH and other things they shouldn't need to write them down and should for sure have tested them before starting a help thead

Let's say we filled out this form you have made

My temp is -4
My ammonia is 10
My nitrite is 5
My nitrate is 200
My ph is 2
I have no aeration
I never do a water change
The tank has been set up for 1 hour

Now if the person can't see a problem when doing the basic fish keeping tests then the shouldnt be keeping rays sorry

Reactions: Bigfishnut

bcfd144

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2010
Missouri
I cant tell you how many people out there who have asked for help have no idea what their ph, ammonia, nirates and nitirtes are when they ask for help.
Or how many people who asked for help, we find out they tank is new, or they messed with substrate, or find out later its a tank mate that might be doing it.. bla bla bla..
this forum is and was set up by many MFK ray keepers who are here on this forum alot, and thought this was a good way to first, get the levels in the water and get the water change done asap, so that its already dont. And was set up to get as much information now, without having thirty people asking the questions of this or that to try and help. It was set to get info rt away, then help the MFK users to figure out fast what is or might be going on in the tank that needs help.
I dont care about any credit for the thread, hell, if you want it, post it. Otherwise, we are here to help people who need it. Thats why we thought the thread would be a good idea. Not ever ray keeper out there knows it all, and there are people out there sorry to say who dont do their research before getting any fish. So this is designed to help them get us the info fast if they need the help. If you dont like the thread, the dont use it. simple as that.. But its here and hopfully will be made a sticky to the people who do want to use it, or who need the help. And what does it really matter to you if its here or not. Like I said, if you dont like it, dont use it. Like I said before, if it helps one person and saves one ray, then its worth it..

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
If this sticky is needed as much as you say and we get a lot of threads asking for help then it would b cut the new threads by 50%

Which would mean much less traffic in the ray forum but you will create a 100 page sticky which no one will be willing to read meaning most of the hardcore ray keepers won't be on hand to help

I can truthfully say all the time on this board I have only read 3 or 4 stickys and never returned to it after

For you to have a sticky like this you need a mod who knows everthing about rays to spend all of his/her time just taking care of your sticky or the cry for help may get miss

bcfd144

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2010
Missouri
I believe it says copy and post this information to your thread when asking for assistance.

johno27

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
Eastpointe MI
I think T1 is misunderstanding how the sticky will be useful. I think the mods have given their answer already. I will just keep copying and pasting every time someone needs help but gives no info like I have been.

I understand that it can be a lot of work moderating these boards and we will just have to agree to disagree about the usefulness of this sticky in the ray section vrs the freshwater disease section :)

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
johno27;4719489; said:
Can a mod comment on wether this can be made a sticky or what they would like to see change before it is made a sticky

Pretty please :)
Sorry have not seen this thread until now. The staff will now review the thread.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store