EMERGENCY: High Ammonia

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Let's be clear. Was your neon also swimming erratically BEFORE the water change (is this what prompted you to do your initial 50% wc), or was the neon swimming fine until you did a water change and only then did it start struggling?

Just trying to determine whether the problem lies pre water change or post water change.

Reactions: EntoStentor

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
Let's be clear. Was your neon also swimming erratically BEFORE the water change (is this what prompted you to do your initial 50% wc), or was the neon swimming fine until you did a water change and only then did it start struggling?
After the water change. I did a ammonia test and that's when I noticed the spike.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Something had to cause the bb to crash. 0 nitrates is the problem. Pick up some tetra safestart

Reactions: jwitty and imabot

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
Something had to cause the bb to crash. 0 nitrates is the problem. Pick up some tetra safestart
Definitly getting some kind of major BB additive in ASAP.
I'd immediately throw prime in the water and get FritzZyme TurboStart 700. I recommend this to everyone, it is refrigerated so it has more bb. It rebuilds bb stock in like a week.
Where should I get it from so it gets shipped properly?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store