End of an era.

WOLF2013

Banned
MFK Member
May 2, 2018
Lake Worth Florida
www.youtube.com
They look awesome, you did great raising them! :)
they will love their new home.

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Well, moving day was pretty uneventful really, thankfully, I didn't even get wet, lol. It couldn't have gone any better and it was great to see Fishman Dave Fishman Dave and his wife again.

My 360 looks positively empty now, but I'll soon sort that out, lol. :naughty:

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Lol, I just quickly surfed through the last couple days worth of new posts here on MFK, randomly peaking at a few that caught my eye; my standard completely disorganized modus operandi on here. The following two threads caught my eye in succession and I had a bit of a chuckle.

First, MTS detailing the capture of a few fish a few inches long, in a 100-gallon-ish mostly-empty aquarium:

Just finished moving the fish. Ridiculously difficult to catch them (took around 5 hours)...Whew! There truly are no words to describe what an undertaking that was.

And immediately following that, good ol' Esox in this thread, describing a similar operation carried out in a 350+gallon tank full of foot-long monsters:

Well, moving day was pretty uneventful really, thankfully, I didn't even get wet, lol. It couldn't have gone any better...

Just sayin'...:)

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
The best thing I can think of to say is that I'm honestly not sure what to make of that. Nor am I sure with what to respond with aside from this.

Hmmm....?

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Lol, I just quickly surfed through the last couple days worth of new posts here on MFK, randomly peaking at a few that caught my eye; my standard completely disorganized modus operandi on here. The following two threads caught my eye in succession and I had a bit of a chuckle.

First, MTS detailing the capture of a few fish a few inches long, in a 100-gallon-ish mostly-empty aquarium:

And immediately following that, good ol' Esox in this thread, describing a similar operation carried out in a 350+gallon tank full of foot-long monsters:

Just sayin'...:)
Lol, yeah, I'm well aware of M MultipleTankSyndrome fish catching nightmare. I didn't say a word, i didn't need to, simply because I knew as soon as you spotted it....you would!! Lol.

Just call me the fish whisperer!

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Lol, yeah, I'm well aware of M MultipleTankSyndrome fish catching nightmare. I didn't say a word, i didn't need to, simply because I knew as soon as you spotted it....you would!! Lol.

Just call me the fish whisperer!
Unspoken communication spanning the globe...I hate being predictable! :)

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Re-catching those fish to put them back in their original 473 liter is going to be way easier than catching them to take them out of it was, since by the time I have to do that, I'll have access to a proper Python to get the job done with.
The tank will be drained to the point where the fish almost can't swim in the water, which will then allow me to scoop them up and transport them very quickly - hopefully in less than 5 hours, lol!

And with any luck, it will reduce stress on the fish too.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
This is the latest picture of my "new" 360, minus the lemonfin, tinfoil and three cigars which are now settling in nicely at their new home.

I've added more rocks and there are some more to go in yet too, also a huge piece of wood, which took less than 24hrs to waterlog and sink! The water looks a bit "tinted", as is the usual case when adding new wood. This should clear perfectly over the next couple of months.

My other new additions for the 360 are still in quarantine, and will be for a month or so before I feel comfortable about adding them. As mentioned earlier, there are six Borneo red fin silver sharks (Cyclocheilichthys janthochir) and eight red tailed barbs (discherodontus ashmeadi).

I absolutely cannot wait to see what this tank looks like when it's all settled down.

IMG_20220124_205021_HDR.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store