Endlicheri Grades

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I could see a seller wanting more for an exceptionally odd patterned fish but i would be reluctant to pay up for an endli at smaller sizes. They change soo much as they grow it woukd be hard foe me to trust it wouldnt end up just as nice as a cheaper one

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I could see a seller wanting more for an exceptionally odd patterned fish but i would be reluctant to pay up for an endli at smaller sizes. They change soo much as they grow it woukd be hard foe me to trust it wouldnt end up just as nice as a cheaper one
Yes! so true. My dels had pretty nice patterns when I got them but those are mostly gone as of now. So yeah id have a hard time buying based on grade for any poly. I see it based on rarity, or type, or whatever but to walk into a store and see say 3 tanks of endlis with grade a,b,c on them and different prices unless the highest price was a normal price range for that endli and the others were cheaper id probably walk out and not return.

Bathi

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2017
Yes, for Most of them. Since we're on this topic. Here is a Dory-K product. Japan dealer price was $267 USD w/certificate/ 16 inches.

View attachment 1279186 View attachment 1279184
What is the difference between high quality vs normal quality...my local fish stores are not quality like this. but their price tag is double than the normal one. I would like to know how to identify top quality endlis ..?

Reactions: Jafar P Arab

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
I agree that wild caughts are the standard of premium. However, I am a sucker for some of those dory K. Polys. :pThe patterns are really nice and unique which I think helps create more attractive CB options. This could help balance the demand for wild caught and CB, which allows polys to potentially not become overfished in the wild. Just as long as these breeders are treating polys in humane ways and not just farming them.

As far as the grades are concerned, the only ones I’ve heard of are for platinums, as Dloks Dloks mentioned.

Reactions: Bathi

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Captive bred grading system should not apply to polys. There should be the photo(s), size offered, species name, and purchase price. Thats it........ If u like it and think price is fair. Buy it

Reactions: Bathi and clm08k

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Local fish store there are few type of endlicheri types with their markings..They are selling 3rd grade and lower with different price tags...Is that possible..?..I'm also interesting to see pics from those grades...
I believe your shop is going buy looks. Meaning which ones appear closer to the wild caught, therefore price may be slightly higher, i.e. markings, head shape, less frog eyes, potential CB type defects, etc...

Since, most Endlis are obtained at small sizes. Here are few examples out of many captive bred types. Some have very little patterns, or markings that are sideways rather than vertical. In short, ' Price (Beauty) lies in the eyes of the beholder '

images-2.jpg 6510315463_d403191a98_b.jpg downloadfile-1.jpg endli.jpg ca843da7d6ecad6d104da2f25d3a9055.jpg images-3.jpg

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
I believe your shop is going buy looks. Meaning which ones appear closer to the wild caught, therefore price may be slightly higher, i.e. markings, head shape, less frog eyes, potential CB type defects, etc...

Since, most Endlis are obtained at small sizes. Here are few examples out of many captive bred types. Some have very little patterns, or markings that are sideways rather than vertical. In short, ' Price (Beauty) lies in the eyes of the beholder '

View attachment 1279481 View attachment 1279482 View attachment 1279483 View attachment 1279484 View attachment 1279491 View attachment 1279492
^ what he said. great summary.

Reactions: Vancouver_98683
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store