Experienced kamfa keepers.

PaoloFH

Exodon
MFK Member
May 17, 2018
Kamfa takes a while for the kok to show up. In my experience, i put the kamfa on small tank like 10-20 gal to start with, the smaller the tank the lesser for it to move so u can focus on the kok. Genes plays a good role too like 60-70%. Some new gen kamfa shows there kok at 1-2 inch then the lesser the grooming time. Patience plays a part too when grooming kamfa coz they tend to be slow growth than zz.
noted bro. ill try to make his space a little smaller. he's with my classic kamfa in a 50gal tank. yes i can see that they grow very slow than a ZZ and im having second thoughts on power feeding him. i feed him 3pcs of humpy head per meal 3x a day.

PaoloFH

Exodon
MFK Member
May 17, 2018
Kamfa takes a while for the kok to show up. In my experience, i put the kamfa on small tank like 10-20 gal to start with, the smaller the tank the lesser for it to move so u can focus on the kok. Genes plays a good role too like 60-70%. Some new gen kamfa shows there kok at 1-2 inch then the lesser the grooming time. Patience plays a part too when grooming kamfa coz they tend to be slow growth than zz.
noted bro. ill try to make his space a little smaller. he's with my classic kamfa in a 50gal tank. yes i can see that they grow very slow than a ZZ and im having second thoughts on power feeding him. i feed him 3pcs of humpy head per meal 3x a day.

ny.subway

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 31, 2017
Power feed with bloodworm, they are easy to digest and crank up the heater for faster digestion.

PaoloFH

Exodon
MFK Member
May 17, 2018
Try to not feed him for a day or two. Then play with him like this. It can improve aggressiveness. Train him for about a month. Then try using the mirror again.

Reactions: Jacob92677

gourami guru

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2017
Don't over feed with pellets, they are harder to digest and can cause bloating for flowerhorn. You might wanna try pellets in the morning and bloodworms in the evening. Making the belly bulge aint good too.
I disagree with this advise. In my experience a good quality pellet diet does not lead to any issues with digestion. I keep my kamfas and other large cichlids on a diet of 100% pellets. To many bloodworms in my experience can lead to problems. Feeding till their stomach is slightly bulged is not overfeeding. I recommend feeding till a slight bulge twice a day for young kamfas you're trying to grow out.

Reactions: Ruturaj
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store