*Fact Sheet* Fahaka Puffer (Tetraodon lineatus)

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
so far he seems to always be on the bulgy side, ill keep an eye on the poo for sure though. ive heard they are prone to worms with all the snails and shellfish they like to eat

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
so far he seems to always be on the bulgy side, ill keep an eye on the poo for sure though. ive heard they are prone to worms with all the snails and shellfish they like to eat
Also just want to add that most species of puffers are still wild caught too, so having IP’s isnt uncommon...

Reactions: Experiment397

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Nice photos!

Reactions: Zigermandli

Cichlid Lover 1981

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2023
I've done a lot of research and I know it isnt a community fish... I was just wondering if anyone has had success with keeping tank mates... I have other tanks that I could move the possible tank mates to if my Fahaka wont accept them... Right now he gets along just fine with all of the fish that are with him. Im hoping his attitude towards the others stays the same.
You can have fahaka puffer witch cichlids if your tank is big enouph enouph hiding spots for everyone also the cichlids that are best suited to work out should be the same size or bigger then your puffer semi aggressive and aggressive non aggressive won't last. For small fish u can choose from fast swimming fish as puffers are usually slow and too slow to catch fast fish. Puffers are nippers and may nip but each situation is different. All fish come withe different personalities and temperments. All u can do is try it out keep watch for a few days and see. I have a 12 inch fahaka in a 400g with lots of big aggressive fish and it works out great lots of hiding spots all my cichlids are same size as fahaka or bigger. My fahaka has nipped a few fins but they always grow back and never a big deal. Never serious. The fish are smart enouph for the most part to stay away from the puffer after being nipped for the first time. My puffer is in with about 15 fish. Arrowana flowerhorn green terror Red devil peacock bass salvini irridecent shark 2 oscars and more. Tried to post video of my tank jot sure if it will upload good luck

20230430_133449.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store