Fahaka Puffer Fry

Miks786

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 23, 2017
Hey guys im looking at getting 2 baby Fahaka, they are about 1 inch each

What would be possible tank mates once they get bigger?
What are the growth rate on these and best diet for growth?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
They can have tankmates, usually, as long as it's a big tank and nothing terribly slow moving or tempting.

The best diet is arthopods with some other meaty items : crayfish (buy in bulk),prawns,snails,triops etc are all good foods.

Reactions: Miks786

Miks786

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 23, 2017
They can have tankmates, usually, as long as it's a big tank and nothing terribly slow moving or tempting.

The best diet is arthopods with some other meaty items : crayfish (buy in bulk),prawns,snails,triops etc are all good foods.
I thought of maybe putting them with peacock bass?

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Fahaka are notorious for taking out tankmates and 99% of the time end up solo. There's a guy here with one in a big tank community. He's the only one I know that's been successful and he's had several losses.

Diet wise: They need high crunch. Snails, etc

The fahaka would probably take chunks out of the peacocks or the peacocks get big enough to try to eat the puffer. I think it would be a bad combo for all involved.

Jackson

Piranha
MFK Member
May 12, 2008
Toronto
Two is a bad idea
Tank mates another bad idea

At 1 inch they’re sort of prone to prolapse because often enough in capativity people over feed them.

Only tank mates I’ve seen do really well with them are fish too small for them to bother chasing like neon tetras

Pbass imo too fast too active to be housed with puffers

Reactions: Brondo and Miks786

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
P bass would be a bad idea at least until puffs are adults.

Your puffs are like turtles in smaller tanks they may kill and eat fish, but in bigger tanks they generally don't bother wasting energy chasing fish.

Reactions: Miks786

Miks786

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 23, 2017
P bass would be a bad idea at least until puffs are adults.

Your puffs are like turtles in smaller tanks they may kill and eat fish, but in bigger tanks they generally don't bother wasting energy chasing fish.
How big would they have to be?

Miks786

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 23, 2017
Two is a bad idea
Tank mates another bad idea

At 1 inch they’re sort of prone to prolapse because often enough in capativity people over feed them.

Only tank mates I’ve seen do really well with them are fish too small for them to bother chasing like neon tetras

Pbass imo too fast too active to be housed with puffers
How often should they be fed then?
Wanna keep them healthy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store