Fast cars?

MaJiKTeRRoR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2005
Illinois
Angry people, man, put my engine from my eclipse in that elise and it would smoke the doors off that Vette. Big frickin woop. What kind of car do you have Peacock?

MaJiKTeRRoR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2005
Illinois
DavidW said:
I just gotta ask...

why are so many peeps on these forums so insecure with themselves and their ability to simply discuss and calmly argue a point that they have to resort to trashmouth and threats to try to shut up opinions that they don;t agree with?

are they really so poorly educated and so out of control ?
Don't they know that as soon as they do make these childish personal attacks or threats, real or implied, they actually lose any merits of their arguments and bring the forum down to lower level?!!

There are a lot of great conversations here that may not be rocket science and certainly don;t require such stupid flame wars or a pi$$ing contests in order to participate in them.

just $0.02 from me
:)

The strongest muscle in the body needs to be the brain!

STICKY :thumbsup: STICKY

Jesse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
zix said:
The USA cars are very nice but they are for going strait no bends ,lots of power and no handling :naughty: my father have 1976 mustang 4 manual gears 3000cm v6 not runing now ,but is a fun car on straits in curves the most scary sing :WHOA: that i ever drive,
IMO, your experience regarding a Pinto-derived 1976 Mustang II is an exceedingly poor basis for making generalizations regarding the current state of American automobiles. That car was a POS the day it was manufactured and only got worse with age. Mustang enthusiasts conveniently block model years 1974-1978 from their collective memories. :(

PeacockBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2005
MaJiKTeRRoR said:
Angry people, man, put my engine from my eclipse in that elise and it would smoke the doors off that Vette. Big frickin woop. What kind of car do you have Peacock?

Throw on the same mods your eclipes engine has onto a vette and bye bye equally modded eclips.

I drive a grand cherokee. its more practical for business.

I also have a 600RR which is faster then anything I will find on the street, so im OK with that.

PeacockBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2005
icthyophile said:
IMO, your experience regarding a Pinto-derived 1976 Mustang II is an exceedingly poor basis for making generalizations regarding the current state of American automobiles. That car was a POS the day it was manufactured and only got worse with age. Mustang enthusiasts conveniently block model years 1974-1978 from their collective memories. :(

100% correct.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Only the Mustang II gets blocked in those years....I happen to like my 1970 Mach1. :D

zix said:
The USA cars are very nice but they are for going strait no bends ,lots of power and no handling :naughty:
I'll have to disagree with that. My Roush Mustang pulls 1.012Gs on a skid pad. It will hang with the best Euro-tuner cars out there. I take it out to major road course events almost weekly during the season. Granted, it's not exactly stock, but not all of us value straight line racing.

MaJiKTeRRoR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2005
Illinois
PeacockBass said:
Throw on the same mods your eclipes engine has onto a vette and bye bye equally modded eclips.

I drive a grand cherokee. its more practical for business.

I also have a 600RR which is faster then anything I will find on the street, so im OK with that.
That is fantastic but anyone can go buy a corvette and have a fast car. But people who build them have alot more passion about their cars. My car ran high 15s and it now runs low 13s. Vettes run 12s stock. That is awesome about your bike but it has nothing to do with this thread. You can put your thing away now. By the way I haven't touched my engine. As for the rest of you studs knocking on imports my eclipse still gets over 30 MPG still. 340.2 at the wheels on a stock engine I think is pretty impressive. Yeah when I want something a little faster I'll soup up my LT1 but until then it is fun to smoke Vettes off a roll in my Eclipse. Oh yeah some people don't have 45 grand to blow on a car that cost close to 7 grand a year to insure. That also loses 1/2 it value the second it gets pulled off the lot. If I was gonna spend that kind of money I would get a Supra, F a vette. Wow join the 10 million other Aholes on the road with them.

MaJiKTeRRoR

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2005
Illinois
Zoodiver said:
Only the Mustang II gets blocked in those years....I happen to like my 1970 Mach1. :D

I'll have to disagree with that. My Roush Mustang pulls 1.012Gs on a skid pad. It will hang with the best Euro-tuner cars out there. I take it out to major road course events almost weekly during the season. Granted, it's not exactly stock, but not all of us value straight line racing.
The Vette wins the LeMans doesn't it.

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
I was gona say that, becuase someone said chevy's are a peice of **** and had no race presence. The C-5R and C-6R haven't done to much losing at the track events.

riskistang

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
North Aurora, IL 60542
Still tryin on to figure out how to post pictures on here....dont beat me yet ok...

Got a:
03 Cobra black on black topped w/ a 2.2 KB, 75-125 wet shot, boost a pump, 20lb pulley, 60lb injectors, LFP heat exchanger, custom chip burnt, ccufab single blade throttle body, SLP long tubes, 3" custom off road x pipe int o Borla XR1' with 4" tips, live axle upgrade 3:55 gear 31 spline mosers, auburn trac-loc, steeda doule adj. upper, single adj lower, Eibach sport springs, tokico 5 way adj. shocks, cross drilled rotors zinc coated, 18x10.5 AFS rear wheels wrapped in Nitto DR 315's, steeda short throw shifter, autometer pillar guage boost, a/f, oil. double gauge pod bootle press, fuel press. stock outside except Saleen rear wing.
dynoed on a 97 degree day on a 14lb pulley and got 561rwh 584rwtq....
Looking to sell for 35K with only 19k miles on her comes with all dyno sheets and all stock parts...even IRS rear end....

97 Thunder chicken Tbird
V6 daily driver with just some thump in the trunk....2 JL 13.5 W6's powered by 2 MTX Thunder 1500's with infinty kappa 6x8's powered by MTX Thunder 400x4 and a Clarion Pro Audio head

CURRENT PROJECT
93 RX7 MODDED LS1
dropping in a 383 LS1 from a 01 vette....putting all the goodies to it to included poss twin turbos....single for sure.....with a 6 speed.....should be fun!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store