Fast cars?

PeacockBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2005
rayman45 said:
i dont like the new style to much tho... the old gts was gangsta

Gangsta?

there are no more real gangsters, they died in the 50-60s.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
true... my dad's friend has a 57 chey does 1/4 in high 9's

but he just added noz so next spring we will see what it runs....

one night we pulled up to a car sho in a mall parking lot...when weleft we smoked a 911 and 360 spider

PeacockBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2005
rayman45 said:
one night we pulled up to a car sho in a mall parking lot...when weleft we smoked a 911 and 360 spider

well no **** if you are pulling 9s...

thats Busa speeds ;)

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
zix said:
sorry about my writing speak better :( .
Don't worry about it. Some people think everyone in the world should speak perfect English. I think your english is fine. Its better than my Portuguese. LOL

Jesse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
PeacockBass said:
I find it interesting jess, considering your origin, that you admire american cars.
Well, I was born in Illinois and live in California. Also, I own one German car and two Japanese cars/trucks. So what does that say? ;)

I admire cars in general, particularly classics or RWD/AWD cars that perform well regardless of country of origin. I'm w/ MajikTerror in that I'd never own a newer (1984+ C4, C5, C6) Vette because they are too commonplace and because of the Vette owner stereotype. (What's the difference between a porcupine and a Corvette? With a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.) I would, however, consider owning a first (1953-1962) or second (1963-1967 stingray) Vette as an investment. I don't like the third generation (1968-1982) Vettes because of their, IMO, inferior styling, particularly once they lost their chrome bumpers in the early 1970s and got plastic impact bumpers, and emasculated performance in post 1973 models.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
LOL neal....

his back tires have no tread and are sbout 2 foot wide LOL

BEAST...

but importcars blow cock

PeacockBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2005
zix said:
sorry about my writing speak better :( .

ah I didnt notice you were from Portugal.

Sorry man. I thought you were 14 years old and lived in the US.

PeacockBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2005
icthyophile said:
Well, I was born in Illinois and live in California. Also, I own one German car and two Japanese cars/trucks. So what does that say? ;)

I admire cars in general, particularly classics or RWD/AWD cars that perform well regardless of country of origin. I'm w/ MajikTerror in that I'd never own a newer (1984+ C4, C5, C6) Vette because they are too commonplace and because of the Vette owner stereotype. (What's the difference between a porcupine and a Corvette? With a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.) I would, however, consider owning a first (1953-1962) or second (1963-1967 stingray) Vette as an investment. I don't like the third generation (1968-1982) Vettes because of their, IMO, inferior styling, particularly once they lost their chrome bumpers in the early 1970s and got plastic impact bumpers, and emasculated performance in post 1973 models.

Funny, that same stereotype is associated with BMWs, Benz, just about anything expensive. Because lower class people, or people who just dont havemuch money, envy.

and envy usually spawned jealousy. Especially in the car hobby. Hell, I see it happen in THIS hobby!!!

although, I would rather be looked at like a Prick who has money to blow, then a young punk kid trying to make his little hotwheels car sound loud and annoy others in traffic.

;)

I do however like your opinion on the older vette for an investmen. I am especially fond of 62 and 65.

zix

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2005
Portugal
you no the price of the vette here 130000 euros (almost 140000$)
for that price i can gette better cars .
what we are getting is sportdiesel cars that are fast and dont eat lots of gaz :D
most person are getting big mercedes 270d,320d ,audis ,BMW even jaguar are getting into diesel because prices of fuel are getting way to hi
imagine paying 1.30euros l,thats about 5.4$ a gallon.
they have hp of about 250hp to 300hp and eat top 15 l 100km.
was most person is people tha can aford 60000 to 80000euros for a car :ROFL:

Fried_fish

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2005
VA/MD/DC Area
One reason I hate about car threads is when people read on the net and read magazines they assume they know everything. I wouldn't knock on a car unless I did more than read up on it such as test driving one or done work on one. Another thing is you can't compare a dragster with a rally they were made to do 2 different things.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store