Fastest Breeding / Feeder fish?

andyjones99

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2009
UK
yogurt_21;3184785; said:
ummm am i the only one who noticed that this is from 2008? I'm pretty sure the op figured it out by now.

lol. the title was in bold, i didn't even think to look

Gobrian44

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2009
Around.....
Any good bigger fish...like over a few inches? Im thinking of doing the same thing

Topcat69

Feeder Fish
Nov 20, 2010
Oxfordshire
:headbang2. Hi guys....I have a 125g tank with 10" Oscar...clown knife...fire eel and a 12" pleco.
I have recently introduce a breeding pair of convicts....do you think that the bigger fish
Will eat the fry or will the convicts protect the young till they are fully grow.....?

Topcat69

Feeder Fish
Nov 20, 2010
Oxfordshire
:headbang2. Hi guys....I have a 125g tank with 10" Oscar...clown knife...fire eel and a 12" pleco.
I have recently introduce a breeding pair of convicts....do you think that the bigger fish
Will eat the fry or will the convicts protect the young till they are fully grow.....?

romosoldier

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
USA
if you just want to buy them then gold fish, but the fastest breeder is probably the guppy, by far. i used to have guppies (not feeder) and they always bred. it was crazy my tank got overstocked so fast.. but i know there are feeder guppies too, so those shouldnt be much different in breeding than other guppies.

Broski

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2010
USA
I've kept mollies, platies, swords, guppies, and convicts. You need more space for convicts, but they take care of their babies, the live bearers eat atleast 50% of theirs. Convicts yield more babies than livebearers, my liver bearers averaged 40-60 fish per birth, my convicts have about 200 right now and its only their first birth. Do convicts for sure.

v3n0m

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2010
Mt. Olive, NC
Another vote here for cons, they are super easy to breed.

awsomepk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2010
Wisconsin
Put in a dozen feeder goldfish, and crank the heater 15 degrees up. You should get ALOT of little goldies. as for adult growth time, not easy to say but you can feed them at different stages

Polonare

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2010
T.A. Puerto rico
I have 2 pond n to day i add some conv will see in few days

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store