Favorite LFS "CUSTOMER" STORIES ...

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
Here is one of my favorites.
Customer: I'ld like three pacu please.
Me: Sure, you must have a really big tank.
Customer: Yes I do, 30 gallons.
Me: You realize that each one of these will get as big as that tank?
Customer: They don't have to get that big.
Me: Then I'm sorry, I don't have to sell them.

spin420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
Mililani, Hawaii
"I want a fish that grows big, and I'm keeping it in a one gallon bowl" (without any type of filtration/aeration).

IDIOT!

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
Miles;2321587; said:
Up Next: The guy who kept his Oscar in a bath tub, fed it chicken, and wanted a refund when it dies after it's first shower. ;)

are you serious :ROFL::ROFL:

JeninOK

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2008
oklahoma
I dont work at a LFS but I spend a lot of time at them.
Yesterday a women bought one cardinal tetra, one big red new guinea rainbowfish, one cherry barb and one pictus cat, oh and one very pregnant female guppy!!!!

All to go in her new "Bigger tank" a 10 gallon. It was like a badly put together buffet plate of fish. Thank goodness the guy stopped her before she bought the cute baby oscar and those yellow labs she was eyeing as well.

Frostyone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2008
Baltimore
My favorite was the guy who comes in saying that he can't get him ammonia levels under control. What's your stock I ask- a 6" Oscar, 2x6" silver aros, a 5" Green Terror an 8" RTC and 2 5" Monos

Nice stock I say, what size tank do you have them in I ask.

A 55 gallon he replies

So I told him that he either needs to get a MUCH bigger tank or needs to sell everything but 1 fish.

What's he do? Goes and buys another AC110 for his 55

Keep in mind that this is the same guy who a week earlier was in buying those 2 silvers.

So I ask him what their tanksmates would be well you see the list above, but he also had a 6" Jardini at the time, I warned him that there's going to be problems with the aros, he said nah they'll be ok............guess who I saw 2 days later with a Jardini bagged up in hand returning it? You guessed it, Mr. Know it all.

What happened I asked him?

He said as soon as he let the aros out of the bag in the tank the jar was all over them, so much so that one leaped from his tank........
DUMBASS!!!!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

wckdkl0wn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I don't work at a lfs but I have a couple about employees.

Back in georgia I walked into one and asked the lady if she had any rosy barbs. She looked at me funny and then asked me what it was. Said never mind and left.

Another was just recently when I asked the fish guy if he had any aqua clear 110's. Seen the tag on the shelf but no filters. Guy was like well what is that? "It's a fish tank filter" Oh no we dont carry them anymore. They discontinued them about 2 months ago......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store