Feeding Ghost shrimp to baby bichirs

AbrahamKing0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2021
So I bought about 10 feeder ghost shrimp to see if they would get eaten but they haven’t even been touched lol I think they’re too quick for the bichirs also One of the ghost shrimp is pregnant hahaha idk what to do! Are ghost shrimp bad for bichirs or does it affect baby bichirs in ANY way or hurt them

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
The only issues I could see would be if the ghost shrimp were carrying a disease or parasite. Mine ate ghost shrimp when they were smaller. Properly qting the shrimp before hand is important. The bichirs will eventually eat them.

Potato Patatto

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2020
I’ve fed ghost shrimp to numerous small bichirs, some gravitate towards them and others don’t. I think treating the shrimp is not necessary, you can try cut up trout worms as well.

Reactions: AbrahamKing0

AbrahamKing0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2021
I used to feed ghost shrimp (that I bred myself) to my clown loaches as a treat every once in a while when the colony was getting too large for the tank-- they loved them! Sometimes it would take them a day or two to find / eat the shrimp.
Hahah I think my bichirs are just too dumb lol

AbrahamKing0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2021
The only issues I could see would be if the ghost shrimp were carrying a disease or parasite. Mine ate ghost shrimp when they were smaller. Properly qting the shrimp before hand is important. The bichirs will eventually eat them.
Thank you I will try that!!

Potato Patatto

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2020
You should really continue to try pellets FYI.. i would only do the shrimp if they aren’t accepting anything else. But generally bichirs are not a difficulty fish to feed. Blood/black worms can be a good starter if the bichirs are 2 inches

Reactions: tlindsey

gaisller

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2021
Sao Paulo, Brazil
My bichirs don't ate the shrimps too. And they are not even small. Dabola has 14" and delhezi 10". Since december I keep 2 shrimps with 2 big bichirs and can't tell you how. I even have a video of the shrimp cleaning dabola. lol

AbrahamKing0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2021
My bichirs don't ate the shrimps too. And they are not even small. Dabola has 14" and delhezi 10". Since december I keep 2 shrimps with 2 big bichirs and can't tell you how. I even have a video of the shrimp cleaning dabola. lol
Hahaha that’s funny bro I would love to see that video

Reactions: gaisller
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store