Feeding my silver aro HELP

sheajared

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Hi everyone, right now I am feeding my silver arowana freeze dried bloodworms 4 times a day, and he seems to be doing great. Is this good for type and quantity on food? (he's about 2 to 3 inches) Should I be feeding him some other types of food along with the bloodworms or what?

JC09

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2011
rhode island
id try to get him on pellets as soon as possible as a staple food. hes small now so hakari gold and then eventually massivore sticks. you can use the blood worms as a special treat

dayak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2010
sacramento
What size is ur aro right now I forgot..if its still 2-3 inches blood worm only is fine...u can try crushed hikare pellets I u can't wait

fishN420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2011
Canada
if you want to put some weight an growth to him pretty fast you can try cutting up small peices of silversides an talipia....as well as lots of water changes to...you can even throw some crickets in there to..

Kaya

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2009
Madurai, Tamilnadu, India
Hi everyone, right now I am feeding my silver arowana freeze dried bloodworms 4 times a day, and he seems to be doing great. Is this good for type and quantity on food? (he's about 2 to 3 inches) Should I be feeding him some other types of food along with the bloodworms or what?
hey mate.. stick to that for now.. the aro is probably too small to take other food.. let the aro put on a couple of inches and you can try other food..you could try brine shrimp also.. at this small size its better to do multiple feeds.. try every 8 hours.. prob thrice a day.. all the best cheers..

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Keep up with the freeze dried blood worms, start feeding crushed pellets with the bloodworms once a day. When you see that it is actually eating the pellets you can increase the amount of pellets and slightly decrease the bloodworms. Once it is eagerly eating pellets you can expand it's diet to a wide variety of foods.

sheajared

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Keep up with the freeze dried blood worms, start feeding crushed pellets with the bloodworms once a day. When you see that it is actually eating the pellets you can increase the amount of pellets and slightly decrease the bloodworms. Once it is eagerly eating pellets you can expand it's diet to a wide variety of foods.
Is there a certain kind of pellets I should be looking for? Predator sticks, specific aro pellets, or what?

sheajared

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Stillwater, MN
if you want to put some weight an growth to him pretty fast you can try cutting up small peices of silversides an talipia....as well as lots of water changes to...you can even throw some crickets in there to..
Don't crickets do damage to small aros' digestion because of the shell?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store