Feeding pbass bluegill bream?

klutch

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
gonzales, Louisiana
So I was gonna buy an above ground pool and throw some tilapia in it to raise and feed my pbass after reading a lil more I have to have to have a permit of some sort. Soooooo maybe I can raise bluegill bream in stead? Good idea, bad idea, why?

dirtbikerider

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
Louisiana
I have seen members on here feed bluegill to bass before so it can be done, honestly anything is better than goldfish

You could always feed your bluegill stock a high quality pellet to help the cichla get the best nutrition. But if you dont mind me asking why not try to get the bass on pellets?

klutch

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
gonzales, Louisiana
I have seen members on here feed bluegill to bass before so it can be done, honestly anything is better than goldfish

You could always feed your bluegill stock a high quality pellet to help the cichla get the best nutrition. But if you dont mind me asking why not try to get the bass on pellets?
Cuz I like watching them eat live food and I don't know what pellets to feed them.

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
Sounds like to much work, and a high water bill............Stick with Hikar Biio-Gold Floating Pellets.

klutch

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
gonzales, Louisiana
Sounds like to much work, and a high water bill............Stick with Hikar Biio-Gold Floating Pellets.
The work and water bill will pay for itself after the bluegill start breeding. Plus like I said I enjoy watching my fish eat live. I'll pay whatever I need to so I can watch that.

dirtbikerider

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
Louisiana
sounds like you have already made your decision, like I said though... if you do feed strictly bluegills atleast feed the bluegills high quality pellets so that nutritional benefits can be passed on to your cichla

To be honest, I have to admit it is impressive to watch cichla hit live food, but in my opinion it is equally as impressive and much easier and economical to watch cichla hit a pellet just as hard,

But to each his own, main thing is enjoy your peacock bass!

klutch

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
gonzales, Louisiana
sounds like you have already made your decision, like I said though... if you do feed strictly bluegills atleast feed the bluegills high quality pellets so that nutritional benefits can be passed on to your cichla

To be honest, I have to admit it is impressive to watch cichla hit live food, but in my opinion it is equally as impressive and much easier and economical to watch cichla hit a pellet just as hard,

But to each his own, main thing is enjoy your peacock bass!
No I understand what u r saying and I will try the pellets. I was just saying to me it's worth the time and money.

High City Rida

C.R.E.A.M.
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
In the air and I ain't comin down!
I say do it 100% I feed live and I feel it is the best for Cichla especially. Great idea imo.. Myself I use different Cichlds ie. Parachromis/Tetracathus/Peratharaps/Amphilious as feeder breeders. But I like your Bluegill idea.

klutch

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
gonzales, Louisiana
I say do it 100% I feed live and I feel it is the best for Cichla especially. Great idea imo.. Myself I use different Cichlds ie. Parachromis/Tetracathus/Peratharaps/Amphilious as feeder breeders. But I like your Bluegill idea.
Thx, I'm gonna give it a shot. Worst thing that could happen is next summer I will have a pool lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store