Female BG JD

tarheel96

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2015
North Carolina
It is great to see him shake and shimmy at the other Jack I had in there, but then he got aggressive and I had to separate them before he killed the other one. Funny thing is that they are the same age and raised together, but the other male is half his size. Maybe the other one will catch up now that they are separated.
I'm thinking the aggression might have been worse if they were closer in size so the larger Dempsey would have seen the other one as more of a threat. They're definitely aggressive.

Shortly after I rescued mine, one of the males ripped the lip off another while fighting/liplockling. I remember thinking "No wonder the guy got rid of these things." lol

Don't do it!!!
2016-02-15 12.20.15-960x394 (1).png

20151205_151008-1280x720.jpg

20151205_151205-1280x720 (1).jpg

jhook

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2016
Bama
That very well could have been it. Thankfully nothing near ripping lips off has happened yet to my fish. That looks terrible. Did you separate those fish?

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
That's awesome of you to help out a fellow fish keeper, good karma comin your way mate.
I could use some that's for sure, during the move my friend droppd the ac50 on my 29gal convict tank and broke the body so no longer usable, the heater in my Oscar tank never turned back on after the move (yes I waited an hour after unplugging before I took it out of the water) lost 2 catfish and a pleco in the move. Had to overdraft my bank to get a new heater and ac50. (I am a twice over cancer survivor and have to live on SSD)Then the next morning the heater in the JD tank quits, no money now but my friend has a 100watt one I am using but it only keeps the tank at 70deg so I just hope the JDs make it payday and I can get them a new one, not to mention all my plants in the JD tank turned yellow and died.........F you Murphy go mess with soneone else......

jhook

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2016
Bama
Ouch man. That is a series of unfortunate events. I hope that everything starts working out right for you.

Benno87

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2015
Australia
I could use some that's for sure, during the move my friend droppd the ac50 on my 29gal convict tank and broke the body so no longer usable, the heater in my Oscar tank never turned back on after the move (yes I waited an hour after unplugging before I took it out of the water) lost 2 catfish and a pleco in the move. Had to overdraft my bank to get a new heater and ac50. (I am a twice over cancer survivor and have to live on SSD)Then the next morning the heater in the JD tank quits, no money now but my friend has a 100watt one I am using but it only keeps the tank at 70deg so I just hope the JDs make it payday and I can get them a new one, not to mention all my plants in the JD tank turned yellow and died.........F you Murphy go mess with soneone else......
That absolutely sucks mate heaps sorry to hear. Shame your not in Australia as I'd mail ya a couple of heaters and a filter outta my old spare aquarium gear. Really hoping things turn around for you mate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store