Few videos of the 150g

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Steve, I think the problem your pair are having is due to not finding privacy and seclusion .
I know you have decor and a few line of sight breaks,but I think those two will spawn if you add a lot more .
If you like a more open look to the tank,that's fine. If you want this pair to hurry up and spawn, I would clutter things up a bit.
Try and add decor that furnishes the tank from floor to ceiling ,even if it's just on that one side of the tank.
Don't get me wrong, the tank looks fine as it is . If you want a spawn from that pair I believe you will get one quickly if you clutter things up a bit.
Beautiful selection of eartheaters though mate all looking tip top and healthy.

Toiletcar

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA
Steve, I think the problem your pair are having is due to not finding privacy and seclusion .
I know you have decor and a few line of sight breaks,but I think those two will spawn if you add a lot more .
If you like a more open look to the tank,that's fine. If you want this pair to hurry up and spawn, I would clutter things up a bit.
Try and add decor that furnishes the tank from floor to ceiling ,even if it's just on that one side of the tank.
Don't get me wrong, the tank looks fine as it is . If you want a spawn from that pair I believe you will get one quickly if you clutter things up a bit.
Beautiful selection of eartheaters though mate all looking tip top and healthy.
Thanks Darren! I am going to give it a try. I may move things around until I add more decore. I have been thinking of adding branches. Would that help give them a little privacy to spawn?
I eventually want to ditch the driftwood. It is old and starting to deteriorate which I’m worried about that lowering my ph.
Another thing I have been wondering about is why none of my fish hide. They all are out in the open all the time. I guess I shouldn’t complain, but it just seems odd.

Reactions: Gourami Swami

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Thanks Darren! I am going to give it a try. I may move things around until I add more decore. I have been thinking of adding branches. Would that help give them a little privacy to spawn?
I eventually want to ditch the driftwood. It is old and starting to deteriorate which I’m worried about that lowering my ph.
Another thing I have been wondering about is why none of my fish hide. They all are out in the open all the time. I guess I shouldn’t complain, but it just seems odd.
Branches can help especially if they are chunky and provide some secluded areas from the rest of the clan.
Nothing wrong with fish that don't hide. It shows they are stress free and happy . However when it comes to breeding we all like a little privacy.
I know I do.

Toiletcar

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA
Branches can help especially if they are chunky and provide some secluded areas from the rest of the clan.
Nothing wrong with fish that don't hide. It shows they are stress free and happy . However when it comes to breeding we all like a little privacy.
I know I do.
Excellent, then once the weather clears, I’m going searching. I have read oak is one of the best. Is there anything I need to prepare the wood for the tank?
The fish I worry about the most are the astyanax bimculatus. They will be the toughest to keep away from any fry. I had three HRP pairs raise fry with no trouble, but I worry about pasionis being a little more timid.
One thing about this tank is there is almost no aggression at all the only aggression comes from the two meeki and the rostratus. But that is usually short chases.
I do want to get a video of the meeki facing off with the pasionis pair. It’s pretty neat to watch.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store