Filtration for 10x3x3??

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
I haven't really setup a sump before do u have a picture of urs so I can see how to do it
Mines not the best example my tank has no weir was a pain in the ass to set up. Search bean and animal overflow that’s your best bet jk47 tank build threads are also a gold mine of information.

Reactions: jaws7777

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
I haven't really setup a sump before do u have a picture of urs so I can see how to do it
Mines not the best example my tank has no weir was a pain in the ass to set up. Search bean and animal overflow that’s your best bet jk47 tank build threads are also a gold mine of information.

josh1986

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2015
What size sump are u running and how often on a big tank like this do u do a water change?
OK cool thanks for the info. Do u have a pic of ur monster tank

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
Sumps a tad small it’s about 350 litres. Still weekly water changes of about 1200litres regardless of filter systems water changes don’t change. I have a submersible pump I drain it with speeds it up a lot. Don’t have any full tank shots sorry pics are on the pc.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
What size sump are u running and how often on a big tank like this do u do a water change?

OK cool thanks for the info. Do u have a pic of ur monster tank
Is the tank drilled already ? If soo what size are the holes ? Where are they located ? Can you post a pic of the tank ?

josh1986

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2015
Is the tank drilled already ? If soo what size are the holes ? Where are they located ? Can you post a pic of the tank ?
Hi I pic the tank up on Thursday next week. There are 3 holes in the centre bottom of the tank I think they are 25mm. The person I bought it off had them connected to a ehiem Pro 3 and just had a breeding pair of rays in it. Here's the only pic I have at the moment. Its on a metal stand and I am going to fix the timber surrounds up and give it a nice paint. Screenshot_20190102-213321.jpg

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hi I pic the tank up on Thursday next week. There are 3 holes in the centre bottom of the tank I think they are 25mm. The person I bought it off had them connected to a ehiem Pro 3 and just had a breeding pair of rays in it. Here's the only pic I have at the moment. Its on a metal stand and I am going to fix the timber surrounds up and give it a nice paint. View attachment 1352231
You are most likely going to get different opinions on how to proceed since we all have had different degrees of success/failures.

So it looks like those bulkheads are at an inch right ? I dont think you'll move enough water with drains that small. If it were me i would install an overflow and then decide what i want out of the sump set up.
Do you want any flood prevention ? Is loud sloshing water an issue ? Do you want to minimize the noise ?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Also are you able to drill more bulkheadd ? It looks like a glass tank correct?

josh1986

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2015
Hi yes it is a glass tank. I could probably drill more holes if needed. It came with a 4x1.5x1.5 sump but I have a 5x2x2 that I think I will make a sump out of or I could go completely mad and turn my 7x2x2.5 into a sump/back up area as there is enough room in the stand. I think they are an inch hole. If I use all 3 as a drain and have my pump return come up the rear outside of the tank and in the top I think I'd go close to turning over enough water. Maybe run 1 or 2 FX6 aswell?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store