Filtration for a 125

Flaring Afro

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2016
I agree that sumps are better but thanks to my wife's cats and our youngest kid, sumps are out of the question for now. I don't know which of them are worse but I'm betting it's the kid. There isn't a child proof lock that she can't defeat and the worry is that she'll either throw something poisons to the fish in the sump or somehow knock the overflow box and cause it to lose suction.
You could get a sump and pad lock the door to the stand, unless it's an open stand.

If the stand is open, the kid could somehow disconnect a canister or try to open that up etc. I would get a HOB filter at that point.

lil_pendejo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Illannoy
You could get a sump and pad lock the door to the stand, unless it's an open stand.

If the stand is open, the kid could somehow disconnect a canister or try to open that up etc. I would get a HOB filter at that point.
It's going to be a display tank in the middle of the house so the stand is a brand new wood stand and I won't be pad locking it. In a few years when the kid is done being a little demon and the cats calm down, it will be getting a sump. Until then, I think its going to be the FX6 and a couple of Tidal 110s.

Reactions: Irecruitfish

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I agree that sumps are better but thanks to my wife's cats and our youngest kid, sumps are out of the question for now. I don't know which of them are worse but I'm betting it's the kid. There isn't a child proof lock that she can't defeat and the worry is that she'll either throw something poisons to the fish in the sump or somehow knock the overflow box and cause it to lose suction.
I feel your pain

😆

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
I have used Hang Ons, Canister filters and sumps...I would always do sump for my main display tank. Maintenance on them is so easy, and can hold way more media than any canister filter.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store