Filtration Ideas Please.

Black_Diamond

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2017
Reno, NV
So far this is the progress I've made on the new fish room while waiting for my stuff to arrive. Got everything moved out and tiled the floor now working on the sides.
The room was built on concrete where the third car garage option was available. Thats why its got this weird lip thing going on up the walls. Which actually I think might work to my advantagde say god forbid theres ever a leak somewhere it wont damage my walls or foundation since its concrete.

FCA84D31-90B7-4E29-A058-56C2DE80EAAD.jpeg

406DB6A3-326E-448F-8D91-68F46ED81415.jpeg

Black_Diamond

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2017
Reno, NV
So far this is the progress I've made on the new fish room while waiting for my stuff to arrive. Got everything moved out and tiled the floor now working on the sides.
The room was built on concrete where the third car garage option was available. Thats why its got this weird lip thing going on up the walls. Which actually I think might work to my advantagde say god forbid theres ever a leak somewhere it wont damage my walls or foundation since its concrete.

View attachment 1443572

View attachment 1443573
Hi everyone I was about to buy heaters when I saw that the JBJ True Temp heater is now disco... I am inclined just to go with the 800 watt version however am not as sure about it doing the job, but I have had very very good luck with these heaters and wanted to stay in the same brand unless someone can recommend and convince me through their experiences that there is another good option out there???

Ideas?!?!

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Hi everyone I was about to buy heaters when I saw that the JBJ True Temp heater is now disco... I am inclined just to go with the 800 watt version however am not as sure about it doing the job, but I have had very very good luck with these heaters and wanted to stay in the same brand unless someone can recommend and convince me through their experiences that there is another good option out there???

Ideas?!?!
What? Ugh!!!! I love their 1000W heater

Reactions: Black_Diamond

Black_Diamond

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2017
Reno, NV
So I have decided to go with a heat exchange ran off my water heater.

Parts include:

200' 3/4 pex
AB Pool Heat Exchanger
Inkbird WiFi ITC-308
Grundfos Recirculating pump

Hot water will be ran from the hot water heater through the heat exchange back to the water heater. Then from the tank, the water will run from a return overflow, to the RDF, and on through the heat exchange before being pumped with a Reeflo Hammerhead back into the tank.

I think I may have to have some sort of electric heater such as a 800w JBJ just in case it has a problem holding temp ever but from what I've researched it shouldn't be needed. Going to set up and let run up to temp and monitor variations.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store