Final 75g bichir tank stocking thread need your Ideas

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
So I have a 75g with two delhezi bichirs and a jack demsey the JD will be put in another tank when he puts on some size so that leaves just the two dels i have thrown around several ideas in posts on other threads but this will be my last thread on stocking the tank as i dont think its fair to post this much its border line spam so sorry guys
so anyways im think il put together all the ideas in a poll that work for me in my area and price range and let you guys decide after everyone has had a chance to add ideas!!

So let me know i think this could be fun!!

___James___

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2018
So I have a 75g with two delhezi bichirs and a jack demsey the JD will be put in another tank when he puts on some size so that leaves just the two dels i have thrown around several ideas in posts on other threads but this will be my last thread on stocking the tank as i dont think its fair to post this much its border line spam so sorry guys
so anyways im think il put together all the ideas in a poll that work for me in my area and price range and let you guys decide after everyone has had a chance to add ideas!!

So let me know i think this could be fun!!
Can you post a picture? Would like to do something similar with my 75 :)

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
so what about this three African knives (Xenomystus nigri) and one Ctenopoma acutirostre i really would have loved a odoe or hujeta but almost impossible to find in my area so let me know what do you guys think?
I don’t know about them with bichirs, I know when I had knifefish they where the weakest fish I’ve ever owned. Maybe you could do a few fire mouth and maybe a few convicts

Manning99

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2020
If you want it keep it African:
Ctenopoma, Brown knives, African butterly fish, Ropefish, Elephant nose fish.

If location doesn't matter:
Belly crawler pike, Nandus Nandus, Pink tail chaleus, Red tail black shark, Rocket gar.

Mine is fine in a 180 with BGK, Atabapo pike, other polys, Ctenopoma, Clouded archers, ABF and a Black spot eel

Manning99

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2020
Also to note I have never kept Brown knives but the only fish my pike is wary of is the BGK, never had any problems with the Ctenopoma being aggressive with anything but feeders.

Reactions: Kelly_Aquatics

Manning99

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2020
I think this seems perfectly stocked to me given good filtration, waterchanges etc:

2X Delhezi
2X ABF
1X Ctenopoma
3X Brown knives

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store