Kelsicula

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2015
Virginia
In my tank currently I have 2 Senegal Bichir, a regular that appears male and an albino that appears female, judging from its fatter body, both are about 4in. With them I have a gold severum and angelfish, along with a large sailfish pleco that I plan on trading in once my bristlenose gets a few more inches on it. I have a new school of 5 roseline sharks (aka Denison barbs) and plan on adding a school of red hump geophagus.

In your collective experience, is this a good setup, or should I also see about rehoming the angel when I trade down the pleco?

Do I have some wiggle room?

I want to hear all opinions, thank you for your input in advance.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Would suggest getting a larger tank. The geos will need more room.

Without the geos the rest of the stock should be fine except the barbs. Will need to be big or fully grown to avoid predation by polys.

Kelsicula

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2015
Virginia
My bichirs are more passive and opportunistic than predatory, and my barbs swim circles around them, so that's been pretty awesome. And the red hump geo maxes out at 6" in captivity, even then theyd be too much?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
My bichirs are more passive and opportunistic than predatory, and my barbs swim circles around them, so that's been pretty awesome. And the red hump geo maxes out at 6" in captivity, even then theyd be too much?
They require a good amount of space last time remember to keep a happy group. Can ask Stanzzzz7 Stanzzzz7 for his opinion on it.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Sorry but in my opinion your fully stocked.
Your Severum alone could get to twelve inches,plus your bichirs and other stock. Things will soon look a little crowded.
As for the red heads, I think a tank of a 4 x2 footprint would be the absolute bare minimum for a small group.
I have seen red heads reach 8 inches before so bigger would be better.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
They all seem passive until other fish go missing. If it were my tank and stock, that 75 gal is overstocked. Sev alone will fill that tank out

Reactions: Stanzzzz7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store