Finally found a S. manueli

RampageRR

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
MD/VA/WV
www.youtube.com
Any update? Thinking about purchasing one myself.
I haven't been able to get any real great pics lately, but he's filling in and getting a lot more orange on his gill plates. Here's a couple of zoomed in cell phone pics. Excuse the scratches on the lower part of the glass :WHOA:

I would highly recommend getting one if you like them. They're really one of the nicer looking piranha in my opinion, and they get fairly large which is a bonus to me.

1583796830804.png1583796852241.png

Scruffy4

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2020
Canada
Awesome! Looks like he’s starting to get that mature colour/pattern. What size thank do you have him in? And Diet? I made the same mistake and got rid of my manny years back. Walked In to a store with a friend yesterday and sure enough they had one. Without hesitation I bought him! I’ve been out of the game for a while but no way I could resist.

RampageRR

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
MD/VA/WV
www.youtube.com
Awesome! Looks like he’s starting to get that mature colour/pattern. What size thank do you have him in? And Diet? I made the same mistake and got rid of my manny years back. Walked In to a store with a friend yesterday and sure enough they had one. Without hesitation I bought him! I’ve been out of the game for a while but no way I could resist.
He's currently in a 75 gallon tank. I feed him mostly raw shrimp or tilapia, both soaked in VitaChem. I want to start adding in a few different filet options but I haven't researched which ones would work best. I'd love to find whole smelt locally, but I haven't had any luck.

That's awesome you ran into one unexpectedly! Good luck with him and keep me updated on his growth. How big is he now?

Scruffy4

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2020
Canada
Nice! I was going to go with a 75gal, but the 65’s were on a crazy sale. Eventually I want to get him in a 125. He’s only 3-4”. As far as diet I was pretty much thinking the exact same thing. I don’t really want to experiment to much. He’s currently on hold at the store until next weekend. Once I get him, I’ll start my own thread and not hijack yours.

973D79D5-A4D1-4AFB-B3F8-EAA7DA0A6DC6.jpeg

RampageRR

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
MD/VA/WV
www.youtube.com
Nice! I was going to go with a 75gal, but the 65’s were on a crazy sale. Eventually I want to get him in a 125. He’s only 3-4”. As far as diet I was pretty much thinking the exact same thing. I don’t really want to experiment to much. He’s currently on hold at the store until next weekend. Once I get him, I’ll start my own thread and not hijack yours.

View attachment 1408710
I'll keep an eye out for your thread. By all means though, feel free to post in here too. I have no issue with seeing more mannies in here at all :)

weidjd

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
NKC

View attachment 1408710
You found them locally? I have asked about every online retailer with no luck. Keep us updated-interested to see how it grows. What pH and gH levels? I have a tank cycling but wanted to see what others are going with.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store