Finally got them!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Can someone explain why and how, I see it all the time on YouTube we’re they have a huge datnoid with small ones. I have a chance to get 2 indo’s around 5” but I’m afriad that they’ll eat my 1.5” and 2” ones. Is there a secret to making them coexist without the big one snacking on the little ones as I would love to add more. I’ve seen so many videos with monster ones that are kept with ones that are a snack size
While I cannot guarantee that the bigger dats won't eat the smaller ones I have never heard of cannibalism in datdom. Usually,the more you have the better the chances of them coexisting as a pair will begin to fight at some point.

Reactions: FishBeast

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
I’ve mixed very large indos with tiny ones before. It’s not a good feeling. Lol. But they normally don’t eat each other. I’d still use a divider tho. I’m a puzzzy. Lol
I tried a divider when the 2” one was chasing the little one around and both my dats turned dark so I took it out. Now they’re both stable but keep to each side. Maybe I’ll need to get another and hope the chasing stops.

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
While I cannot guarantee that the bigger dats won't eat the smaller ones I have never heard of cannibalism in datdom. Usually,the more you have the better the chances of them coexisting as a pair will begin to fight at some point.
Guess I’m gonna have to go shopping again.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Datdom?
J jaws7777

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Guess I don’t have to shop anymore. Bigger one didn’t make it. I noticed that both it’s eyes were white and were popped out at feeding time. It didn’t eat and when I went to check on them Judy’s now it was dead.

7989B09E-293E-4BF6-B464-B1D4032B1185.jpeg

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store