fire eel in a 55 gal?

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
hey guys , im thinking about getting a fire eel.
would a 55 gal be enough ? i know that they get pretty big.
i have a small flowerhorn and a plec in my 55 gal.
you already have one too many fish youre not gonna be able to put anything with a FH

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
Thanks guys ..... ill think about getting a bigger tank .also, what are tank mates for flower horns?
ik this thread is old but leave the flowerhorn in the 55 return the pleco to the fishstore and start a new tank. ive kept flowerhorns with green terrors green texas geos oscars the list goes on in properly set up large aggressive cichlid communities. when i added the FH to the tank the dominant fish in order of most dominant to least were killed (the flowerhorn couldnt have been more than 2.5” the rest of the fish were atleast 6”) and the flowerhorn scraped all if the scales off of his head in the process of chasing around fish. i had to seperate the FH tried to add a fully grown plec but the flowerhorn nipped away all the fins of the pleco overnight and all that was left was the rays. flowerhorns are basically the duranged bulldogs of the aquarium world and are truly meant to be in a tank by themselves with no decorations that they could scrape themselves against.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store