( First of there kind) Free Swimming Dovii X Rose Queen hybrids (first ever)

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
Yeah, if the divider has small enough holes so the flowerhorns can't eat them all.

Just don't use a mesh breeder net, learned that that hard way with some baby convicts haha oops.

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
I would put them in the 20 by themselves rather than in the 75 separated. They can easily find their way over to the other side and be lunch or even the fh can knock the divider down. They'll be fine in the 20 gallon for a while as they grow out

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
Do u guys think I should get rid of my arowanna cuz the dovii and RQ are attacking him but I've had him forever I grew him from like 4ins and now he's like 15. I don't wanna get rid of him but if he'll die if I keep him I guess I'm going to have to

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Do u guys think I should get rid of my arowanna cuz the dovii and RQ are attacking him but I've had him forever I grew him from like 4ins and now he's like 15. I don't wanna get rid of him but if he'll die if I keep him I guess I'm going to have to
Probably will have to. Breeding pairs of cichlids don't screw around

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
I'm going to get a sponge filter today and take out the babies, would that lower there aggression and have the aro be safe or would it make no dif?

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
i got rid of the aro and babies are growing quick. i didn't know sponge filters needed an air pump and i only bought the sponge part. Mt problem now is that the dovii and RQ are getting ready to spawn again and my babies are still in the 220 because TBH I've been really lazy and i thought i had more time. if i syphoned out water from the 220 and put the hang on the back filter on would i need to wait for it to cycle?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store