( First of there kind) Free Swimming Dovii X Rose Queen hybrids (first ever)

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
update there now big enough to eat little bits of the pellets that fall on the grown that the dovii and RQ don't eat. would it be safe to take them out and put them into a 20?

Reactions: GamerChick5567

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
i have never set up a tank for fry, what is everything I'm gunna need? do i need substrate or should i keep it bare bottom? and i know i need a sponge filter. is that all i need? and when i take out the babies is the aggression of the dovii and RQ going to go down?

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
That face, :O haha.

Get a 50 watt heater at least. Stays warm in my place though, you might need a 100 watt but for sure a heater is necessary for them to grow quick. You should keep the tank around 80 degrees. Also I would go bare bottom unless you want to do some live plants. Vallisneria/apongenton/anubias/hornwort grows easily and is basically impossible to kill. I would also slap a cheap led light on there or a home depot clip light for plants and algae to grow, they should munch algae.

The aggression might go down a little but if she is like my females she will lay again in 2 weeks or so so be prepared. i would feed some to your other fish. You could be overrun in a short time haha.

Reactions: MrDuckBootz

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
Thank u. Will a 20 be big enough? Because I plan on moving them eventually next door to my friends fish tank. He has my old 75 and has 2 flowerhorn in it. We would divide the tank and put the babies in there. But will the 20 be enoght to grow out majority of the babies I have left to a suitable size to be able to take them out of the 20 and drop them right into the 75? Because I don't wanna shock them and kill them

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
Yeah the 20 should be big enough to grow quite a few to about 2" or so. Depends on how many you want to keep. I have salvini/convict fry (like 200 salvinis and convict eggies!) and I'm probably going to save like 10-15 good strong ones. 20 gallon tanks are pretty cheap so you can always have multiple ones haha. They should be fine in the 75 as long as the temperature/etc is similar to the one they are going in. I'd have him do extra water changes though with that much bioload if that's what you wanna do.

Reactions: MrDuckBootz
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store