First time buyer from aquascape

Brock11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2015
I just wanted to give a review and keep you updated on the process of being a first time buyer. So I called last Thursday and paid for my fish. $125 (great price) shipping $80 (don't have anything to compare to). So it all went well and I was told it would be shipped out Monday and I would have it Tuesday morning guaranteed. So Saturday I just called to check. (I was nervous after hearing countless people say how bad the service was). So the guy I talked to said they had not received and Elongatus piranhas and that he didn't know anything else.( he had to ask someone else even the most simple questions.). I asked will I be notified when it ships out. He said yeah Nicole will call you Monday with the details. Okay so I call Monday morning and she said that the owner wasn't there and he was the only one who could package the fish because it would need to be tranquillized. She said that the owner had called in and said that he was coming in and that if it didn't go out that night for any reason she would call me right away and let me know. So Monday goes by with out hearing anything. So I called about a half hour before they closed. This guy was more clueless than the last. He told me my fish was still there and they he worked upstairs in the retail store and didn't know anything about that department. He said Nicole would call me first thing in the morning and let me know what was going on. So this morning I wanted until about 230 and decided to call because I had not heard anything. I was told the owner will be in today and they were right on schedule to ship it tonight. She would definitely call me or email me and let me know the details of when it shipped. Didn't hear anything all day so I called again right before close. She said oh yeah you're on my list of people to call. She put me on hold and when she came back... This is when I got the worst excuse I could ever imagine "the owner is out trying to find a box and container to ship your fish, it's so aggressive it would chew through a normal bag." So I stayed calm and was guaranteed 100% that the fish will be shipped tomorrow and i will be called with the details. And that's were I stand currently in this process. Thoughts? Comments? Experiences? I was always taught when I worked retail as a teenager that customer service came number one. Are they so full of themselves that they simply don't care if they lose customers? This will be my first and last purchase from aquascape unless they want to give this purchase to me for free for all the lies they have told me and all the times they have screwed up. Who ever the owner is needs to go back to the first day of business school and take a look and the crap heap of a company he is running. I just hope they don't punish me for posting this and steal my money. But this is an honest and 100% truthful review of my first order with aquascape.
Thanks

Reactions: Ihsnshaik

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I've ordered from them prior and recently a couple of months ago.

Never had issues with online orders prior.

Placed my order online and called them and it was sent the same day. They sent me the confirm for the shipping and emailed me the receipt for a final sale.

It was mentioned about new staff from a prior post by another memeber and hope it's just emoyees learning the ropes and nothing more.

Hope it all works out.

Brock11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2015
I've ordered from them prior and recently a couple of months ago.

Never had issues with online orders prior.

Placed my order online and called them and it was sent the same day. They sent me the confirm for the shipping and emailed me the receipt for a final sale.

It was mentioned about new staff from a prior post by another memeber and hope it's just emoyees learning the ropes and nothing more.

Hope it all works out.
Thank you. I'm still thinking it could happen. As long as it's shipped tomorrow I'll be okay with the situation. It would be nice to get an apology from someone.

Brock11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2015
Please share your experiences. I want to hear some more good ones.

Brock11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2015
What did you order that requires specialized bags and boxes?
I only order one fish. An elong piranha. That's why I was like what the heck? You guys have a fish shipping business and you don't have anything to ship a piranha?

Brock11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2015
I will be understanding and okay with it if they can ship it today. I won't be home all day Friday. I'm just trying to stay positive. It's gotta come right? I'll keep my open review updated through the day and when I get the fish tomorrow. (positive thinking)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store