Votes: 9 14.1%
  • I can't decide!

Votes: 15 23.4%

• Total voters

HPIZZLE

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2007
fish die easier. you waste more money. ive gone through about 1300$ roughly in fish. on the other hand i havent lost 1 reptile yet(knock on wood)

TTTT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Cincinnati - The 513
Yeah, I say herps. I've never had a reptile randomly die, or die at all for that matter (knock some wood) but I've had lots of fish die on me randomly.

Also, I've never bred reptiles but I'm sure opening the incubator and seeing a tiny little head looking at you generates a bit more excitement then noticing one of your guppies dropped fry.

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
Another down side to fish is that the aquariums are so darned expensive. I had to pay $400 for my 135 gallon and on top of that I had to pay for a stand, a filter, a pump, and the lights all in all totaling to almost $1000. for my herps, I have 4x as many and have put about 1/2 the amount of money that I put into the aquarium and I have very nice displays (not just cheap chicken wire enclosures).

TTTT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Cincinnati - The 513
snakeguy101;4073123; said:
Another down side to fish is that the aquariums are so darned expensive. I had to pay $400 for my 135 gallon and on top of that I had to pay for a stand, a filter, a pump, and the lights all in all totaling to almost $1000. for my herps, I have 4x as many and have put about 1/2 the amount of money that I put into the aquarium and I have very nice displays (not just cheap chicken wire enclosures).
Yeah, aquariums are so expensive.. Enclosures for reptiles cost me very little.

Plus, you can tell someone you own a stingray and they will say "Wow, cool.." but if you tell someone you have, for example, a king cobra, they will think "that dude is a total frickin baddass."

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
TTTT;4073164; said:
Yeah, aquariums are so expensive.. Enclosures for reptiles cost me very little.

Plus, you can tell someone you own a stingray and they will say "Wow, cool.." but if you tell someone you have, for example, a king cobra, they will think "that dude is a total frickin baddass."
actually, when I tell people I keep cobras, the reaction is "Do you have a death wish!?!?!?" or "WTF is wrong with you"
hahaha

TTTT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Cincinnati - The 513
snakeguy101;4073176; said:
actually, when I tell people I keep cobras, the reaction is "Do you have a death wish!?!?!?" or "WTF is wrong with you"
hahaha
haha well that's the "normal person" reaction.

No fish is more badass then that ^

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store