Fish skulls and Skeletons....fish anatomy and random other skulls

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
have you done arowana before?
I have a long time ago. I think I have some smaller african arowana I need to work on

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
I thought that was days of work only to find out it was only 12 hours.

woooow they cleaned that quick...it grossed me out but was cool to watch at the same time haha
Yeah it was a smaller head. I don't quite have the right camera to do time lapse for days yet. Was a challenge to do 12 hours and lost 5 hours of footage haha. Sucks because it was the end and would have showed it being fun she'd rather than jumping straight to end result lol

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Yeah it was a smaller head. I don't quite have the right camera to do time lapse for days yet. Was a challenge to do 12 hours and lost 5 hours of footage haha. Sucks because it was the end and would have showed it being fun she'd rather than jumping straight to end result lol
Learning curve for sure I bet. Sucks that you lost 5 hours of footage!

I enjoyed the creepy video. It was neat to see them do their work without disturbing the bones.

Reactions: necrocanis

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Learning curve for sure I bet. Sucks that you lost 5 hours of footage!

I enjoyed the creepy video. It was neat to see them do their work without disturbing the bones.
Have more planned for the future. :). Thanks

Reactions: Niki_up

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
so those beetles. how hard are they to look after and find?
Not hard to find but expensive initially. You can find wild relatives on dried out carcasses depending on where you live. They aren't terribly hard to take care of but mites and humidity are issues you have to stay on top of

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Amazing work, Cliff! Do you take commissions? I've got a goonch who's skull I would like to have preserved ?
I do take commissions and that's a dream skull for me if you can imagine haha. I just finished up a wicked channel catfish skull I can show you on here. Was gonna post it up anyway. Need to take better pics but here ya go haha. Been working on doing more with my stuff. This is a commission alsoPXL_20201104_185056142.jpgPXL_20201104_185023961.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store