Fishing experiences

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Nice fish.

So what dose that mean then getting it verified by the state and getting a pin for it?

Never been fishing ?
I don’t know if they do it in the uk but over here if you catch a fish that’s over a certain size then you can submit it to the odnr ( Ohio division of natural resources) and when you submit it you’ll receive a recognition certificate and they send a pin in the mail. AF70EA7B-6976-4DA3-8BE4-1648FA38BA35.png

Reactions: deeda

Bbuckley

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2021
Untied Kingdom
I don’t know if they do it in the uk but over here if you catch a fish that’s over a certain size then you can submit it to the odnr ( Ohio division of natural resources) and when you submit it you’ll receive a recognition certificate and they send a pin in the mail. View attachment 1467531
Ah that's pretty cool, I've always wanted to try fishing just never had the chance to be honest.

I really like the idea of the pin thing I'm going to look it up to see if there's something similar over hear, could be a good Hobby for me and my lad to get into together.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Ah that's pretty cool, I've always wanted to try fishing just never had the chance to be honest.

I really like the idea of the pin thing I'm going to look it up to see if there's something similar over hear, could be a good Hobby for me and my lad to get into together.
It’s definitely a good way to waste time while having fun outdoors. Plus if you decide to do it you can keep legal sized fish and get a free meal out of it

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Caught a new PB rock bass. About 10” and near a pound and a half coming up close to the Ohio record of 1.97 pounds and 14” I’ll post a better picture before I fillet him when I get home View attachment 1463542View attachment 1463543
Found out this rock bass is .25” over the qualifying Ohio size meaning I now have 2 more it of 4 species. 2 species down, 2 to go until I receive the master angler badge.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Later today I plan on going to a private pond to target a 35 pond carp that I caught last year at 25 pounds. I made a family recipe of dough ball that my papaw taught me last night that I caught the fish in targeting today on last year, it’s almost 6am and I was trying to get comfortable to fall asleep and I feel a sharp stinging pain on my inner thigh…. Sorry a lot of you probably don’t need to know this but it’s my fishing thread and I find this important to tell you about as it may be a major set back in my journey to earn the Ohio 2021 master angler badge. I have some type of what I think is an infection on my inner thigh, it started a few days ago and I thought it was just a stretch mark forming or a small pimple but now I think that I have some type of infection there, it’s also directly ontop of a blood vessel. This may be a huge set back that may potentially put me on hold for months from being able to fish. It hurts like hell but I’m not gonna let a little infection stop me. Just felt it was important as it could be a possible setback. Thank you for reading

Reactions: jjohnwm

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Another day another species. Today I’m going after a 30-35lb mirror carp using homemade vanilla dough ball. I’m using a catfish pole with 25lb mono line image.jpg

Reactions: The Masked Shadow
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store