Fishing large mouth February 20 2016

Jiggin609

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2016
New Jersey
My 2 first bass of 2016 were hooked on February 8th. And than Dennis with his first couple bass of the year were hooked on February 4th all bass were caught on the float and fly technic.11016.jpeg 11011.jpeg 20160204_133118.jpg 20160204_130948_001.jpg

Reactions: xraycer

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
1.) I hate you guys LMAO I didn't even get my license yet this year and you guys are SERIOUSLY giving me the FEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No offense, it was a joke.
2.) Nice Lightning rod
3.) It appears you are using a mouse pattern/streamer fly on spinning tackle? What's the technique there? Using current to your advantage or suspending it with a float and a split shot way up the line? I'm entranced ATM.....please elaborate if you don't mind disclosing secrets.....I have a friend who drifts flies on spinning gear religiously, but for trout.
4.) Nice early season bass.
5.) I need my license.........................................................like NOW!!!!!

Jiggin609

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2016
New Jersey
1.) I hate you guys LMAO I didn't even get my license yet this year and you guys are SERIOUSLY giving me the FEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No offense, it was a joke.
2.) Nice Lightning rod
3.) It appears you are using a mouse pattern/streamer fly on spinning tackle? What's the technique there? Using current to your advantage or suspending it with a float and a split shot way up the line? I'm entranced ATM.....please elaborate if you don't mind disclosing secrets.....I have a friend who drifts flies on spinning gear religiously, but for trout.
4.) Nice early season bass.
5.) I need my license.........................................................like NOW!!!!!

We basically using that setup like a drop shot, the bass are really lethargic and the float n fly is a good way to get them to hit,

fatboy8

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2012
Philadelphia
Its a west coast technique used on super clear lakes but it'll work around here. Take either your main line or a flouro leader and type a dropper loop 2-3ft from the bottom or desired length. Then attach in this case a fly or traditionally a dropshot hook to the loop. Then the end of the line attach a weight they sell drop shot weights that basically clip onto the end of the line. The way to fish this tradtionally is from a boat and vertically jig but you can just cast and jig it from shore

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Its a west coast technique used on super clear lakes but it'll work around here. Take either your main line or a flouro leader and type a dropper loop 2-3ft from the bottom or desired length. Then attach in this case a fly or traditionally a dropshot hook to the loop. Then the end of the line attach a weight they sell drop shot weights that basically clip onto the end of the line. The way to fish this tradtionally is from a boat and vertically jig but you can just cast and jig it from shore
what normally goes on hook instead of a fly?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store