Fishing season 2k14!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
I can't wait to finally start fishing tommorow! I am yet to fish this year and my gear has been waiting all year for this! All organized and ready for tommorow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
go get em andrew

- going on my first bowfin/flathead expedition tomorrow, may be a tad early on the flatties but hopefully some bowfin cooperate

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
What should I use to be fishing? I fished since about 8am this morning. Found a bunch of fish washed up all over the shore. And found a few huge bass dead too. Thats like a 2' wide kayak
uploadfromtaptalk1396706187990.jpg

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
guess the cold was too much for em. that stinks.

caught two small bowfin this morning no love from the big flatcats

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
guess the cold was too much for em. that stinks.

caught two small bowfin this morning no love from the big flatcats
The pond is lined in hundreds of dead fish. Mostly bass and sunnies. But I found a few bullheads and a few channel catfish dead. It sucks.

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
Going to try and head out on my kayak early in the morning tommorow. Besides the hundreds of dead fish all over the pond, I have a feeling there are a few left. The water is practically crystal clear and you can see straight to the bottom at most parts and I didn't see any live fish. Only a sand floor full of dead fish. Any tips on what lures I should use? I was trying some worms and a crank bait today. What type of lure should I use?

Andrew1002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
New jersey
I hope I won't have to restock my pond again. If I do have a to I will probably make the pond much deeper and add some new species. If I don't catch anything tommorow or see anything I'll start looking for new natives to stock it with. The pond looks absolutely terrible lined with hundreds maybe thousands of dead fish

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I hope I won't have to restock my pond again. If I do have a to I will probably make the pond much deeper and add some new species. If I don't catch anything tommorow or see anything I'll start looking for new natives to stock it with. The pond looks absolutely terrible lined with hundreds maybe thousands of dead fish

Sorry bro :(. Wonder what happened...

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
Deep freeze got them. in all honesty andrew there's probably not much left in there if that many of them passed, anything that lived is going to be the smaller fish that require less oxygen

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store