Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
That's pretty funny xraycer xraycer

Judging by your screen name, I figured you worked in radiology.

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
image.jpeg image.jpegThese are from last week but they were the first time I'd ever caught those fish on a hook. The catfish was just swimmin around during the day, probably got curious as to why all the little fish were going nuts outside of its hiding spot. The pikeminnow was cool to catch but it was the only one I caught.
Not the most impressive catch but somebody had to post something

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Trout fishing was slow but I managed to hike back to a few untouched spots and find a few fish.image.jpeg image.jpeg

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn

Modest_Man

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2006
Washington
View attachment 1192600 View attachment 1192598These are from last week but they were the first time I'd ever caught those fish on a hook. The catfish was just swimmin around during the day, probably got curious as to why all the little fish were going nuts outside of its hiding spot. The pikeminnow was cool to catch but it was the only one I caught.
Not the most impressive catch but somebody had to post something
Your pikeminnow is actually a peamouth. Closely related but a different species of minnow.

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
Your pikeminnow is actually a peamouth. Closely related but a different species of minnow.
Well crap lol now that you saw that it makes question if everything I've caught that I thought was a pikeminnow is actually a peamouth, I didn't even know they were found where I caught it

Modest_Man

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2006
Washington
Here's a pikeminnow bycatch from Friday. He is in spawning colors, check out the tubercles.

Peamouth get very red and develop tubercles as well when spawning. The big difference is in the mouth, peamouth are more slender as well.

Reactions: divemaster99
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store