Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Just hold it out far enough and it will magically double in size . Nice fish though, no monster but still nice. I haven't done any black bassin' since mid-September, but maybe tomorrow along with trout and sunfish.
I wanted crappie to fry today but everything was slow today and I was just happy to get a fish.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Fall bassin was pretty slow.View attachment 1211181
Just hold it out far enough and it will magically double in size . Nice fish though, no monster but still nice. I haven't done any black bassin' since mid-September, but maybe tomorrow along with trout and sunfish.
I wanted crappie to fry today but everything was slow today and I was just happy to get a fish.
I hear yah'. Do crappie taste at all similar to perch? I've never eaten any Centrarchids before so I have no idea, just Perch, Walleye, Salmon, and Trout.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Here's a tip:before a storm or during one of the first snows use a buzz sit,I've never failed at catching at least 20 bass a hour.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn

I hear yah'. Do crappie taste at all similar to perch? I've never eaten any Centrarchids before so I have no idea, just Perch, Walleye, Salmon, and Trout.
Very mild fishy taste, really flaky, in my opinion it's one of the best eating fish besides well prepared trout or catfish.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Very mild fishy taste, really flaky, in my opinion it's one of the best eating fish besides well prepared trout or catfish.
you bet your ass it is - try t smoked if you really wanna blow your lid

Some shots from early September.....only took these, but I got 13 Smallmouths that day from 2 different spots, and a lot of nice fat Bluegills - this 1st one is a 16" Carp I caught on my Trout/Smallmouth rod on a BOBBER w/ a nightcrawler lol I was surprised, thought it was a huge SMallie until I saw it......helluva a good fight on 4lb test. Weighed 2lbs on the dot, the Smallie was 1lb 15oz and was not my biggest of the day. When they were hitting at the 2nd spot it was so crazy I didn't want to stop to take pix.....I literally caught 12 Smallies in 15 minutes....one after another after another - same deal as before.....drifting live tail-hooked Crayfish into a hole from upstream, no weight. lol untitled (45).png untitled (46).png untitled (47).png untitled (48).png untitled (49).png

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Nice 30" 10-11 pound bull from this weekend on the second cast, barely nipped the black leech I stripped right past him!

Can't wait for this weekend, WNY Tribs for bigger Steelhead, Browns, and zombie Chinooks with the possibility of a Coho or Atlantic!

image.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store