Floating Porkchop

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hendre Hendre hard pellets. I wasn't sure what kind to get. Would soft be better?
Matteus Matteus the poop is exactly the color of pellets, so I think it really was just that, but I will be on the lookout just in case.
tlindsey tlindsey he is still floating (but not flipping over) today. No epsom salt? Should I just wait it out?

Yes wait it out.:)

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
With goldfish, you get this sometimes from them eating too much protien/ too fast and/or swallowing air. You gotta soak the pellets flakes before you give it to them and feed them cooked veggies or algae pellets, and if you want to feed them a lot to get them to grow fast, you gotta up the temperature, do a lot of water changes, and feed them a lot of little meals so as they have time to digest. A little fasting also often does wonders for them. Makes them more axtive too, I ususlly skip one day a week of feeding (all my fish). I've been told it helps clean out their guts.

Sarahmander

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2018
San Diego
With goldfish, you get this sometimes from them eating too much protien/ too fast and/or swallowing air. You gotta soak the pellets flakes before you give it to them and feed them cooked veggies or algae pellets, and if you want to feed them a lot to get them to grow fast, you gotta up the temperature, do a lot of water changes, and feed them a lot of little meals so as they have time to digest. A little fasting also often does wonders for them. Makes them more axtive too, I ususlly skip one day a week of feeding (all my fish). I've been told it helps clean out their guts.
Okay thank you! I will definitely not be feeding as often and being much more careful with my portions. I will also make sure not to just drop the pellets in there. You guys have all been awesome; I really appreciate it.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Soft pellets are usually easier to digest, I feed my polys a soft brine shrimp pellet for the most part. I have to keep the excess frozen, it's that fresh compared to others.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa

Sarahmander

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2018
San Diego
New observation: little bumps showed up on him, but only on one side. Is this possibly parasites? I fed him a few epsom salt soaked pellets a minute ago just in case....20181004_124605.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store