Florida gar housing question?

Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
So I really want a platinum florida gar but I do not currently have the means to house one for life. I do have plans to get multiple bigger tanks once some medical issues get cleared up. I have read it would take a florida gar at least 2 years to outgrow my 125 so I was wondering if I could buy one and keep it for 2 years or so and if at that point I have an upgrade for him it would be no problem and the worse case scenario I could just re home since he would be a platinum. Would this idea work or would you guys advise against it. Only tank mates would be some catfish and platinum Senegal.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d suggest getting ur medical issues taken care of before the gar. In case u can’t care for the fish.

Reactions: Iamfish

Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
I’d suggest getting ur medical issues taken care of before the gar. In case u can’t care for the fish.
Taking care of the fish ins't an issue, as I have people who take care of my tanks right now when I am unable to already.

Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
The more I think about it though the more I will probably wait until I get a bigger tank and get a few more fish I can keep perma for my 125 instead. Just thought I would ask.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store