Flowerhorn anal prolapse?

Ashl33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2017
Have you tested your water?
No
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
41-50%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
So I've been having some issues with my flowerhorn, he hasn't been eating for about 4 weeks so I've been tube feeding small amounts once a day of hikari pellet mush.
He is/was doing white and clear poop so i treated him with fumpid and he's a lot more active and some colour has come back.
2 days ago i checked on him and he has some sort of prolapse.
I think he may have a hexamita infection.
I've treated his tank with methylene blue and epsom salts and today his prolapse had gone down a bit and he's wanting to eat again (trying to eat gravel out of a plant pot) but I'm not too keen to feed him incase it makes the prolapse worse. He won't take peas.
I'm considering treating with metronidazole?
Have tested water and parameters are fine 20200610_102747.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
This may help.

Ashl33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2017
This may help.
That's the only info i can find unfortunately, that's where i got the epsom salt idea from.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I see. Can feed the fh hex shield.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Ashl33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2017
Im in New Zealand, we don't have many medicinal products available for fish other than seachem/api/wunder brands.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store