Flowerhorn growout

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Are u actually scared??
No I’m not scared it’s just a weird thing to wake up to but I’ll be honest it does make me a bit uncomfortable thinking of the fish watching me while I’m asleep but that’s just because I have an extreme fear of the dark and things in the dark especially looking at me due to past experiences. But no I’m not actually scared It just makes me uncomfortable to think about it because of fears from my past lol. Can’t imagine seeing a fish and actually being scared like how I am with some spiders

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
No I’m not scared it’s just a weird thing to wake up to but I’ll be honest it does make me a bit uncomfortable thinking of the fish watching me while I’m asleep but that’s just because I have an extreme fear of the dark and things in the dark especially looking at me due to past experiences. But no I’m not actually scared It just makes me uncomfortable to think about it because of fears from my past lol. Can’t imagine seeing a fish and actually being scared like how I am with some spiders
I was very scared if the dark a few years ago. My mom used to live in a haunted house and even had photos of them. Unfortunately I don’t live with her anymore due to recent events, and it was so many years ago I dont even think she has the photos. But it did have an affect on me as weird as it sounds. I had to rescape and clean a bit of my new wolfs cage today I was so scared doing it as he could literally send me to the hospital. But I got her done and it looks good and I’m safe.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I was very scared if the dark a few years ago. My mom used to live in a haunted house and even had photos of them. Unfortunately I don’t live with her anymore due to recent events, and it was so many years ago I dont even think she has the photos. But it did have an affect on me as weird as it sounds. I had to rescape and clean a bit of my new wolfs cage today I was so scared doing it as he could literally send me to the hospital. But I got her done and it looks good and I’m safe.
Sorry to hear about you no longer living with your mom. And yea I have an overactive mind and especially in the dark like during a power outage or something I always hear voices. It’s usually a weasel like laugh or a whisper in my ear and I always get the feeling that I’m being followed or stalked so with the flowerhorn( I fall asleep with my back to the tank but every night I move a lot in my sleep and every morning wake up facing the tank) when I have my back to the tank and fall asleep my mind always gets fixated on something being behind me and even though it’s just a fish it still just gives me an odd feeling that makes me sick to my stomach

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Magnus_Bane Magnus_Bane youre a flowerhorn nerd I think right. What do you think
Just remember tho that not all strains will end up at the same length. Some strains get larger on average compaired to other FH strains. Kamfa's and KML's tend to stay smaller on average compaired to others from what I've noticed while Red Dragon's and SRM's tend to end up on the larger side. For the smaller strains I would recommend nothing less then a 60g for a loner, as for the larger strains i wouldn't recommend anything smaller then a 80g for just a loner.

Yours looks to be a red dragon so your looking at a FH that can grow anywhere between 10-16in depending on whether it's male or female, males tend to be bigger but not always. So yeah I would recommend getting a 80g atleast.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Ur 55g would be good for it lol. Maybe could add a Senegal or del bichir

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Caveden Caveden I dont think a 55g is big enough for just the FH but maybe he could get just bichirs in the tank.
Lol he alrdy has the flower horn and the 55g. I think its fine although bare minimum if he does consistent water changes

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Caveden Caveden . Magnus said that He could expect his FH to get 10-16 inches a 16" fish would most definitely NOT have good life ina 55g
50g is considered the minimum for fh in many other countries, there are also those who breed fh in a 55g. Debatable, but personally I think keeping it in a 55g is fine. I've seen many in a 55g doing fantastic

Reactions: Rtc/tsn
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store