Peebo2001

Feeder Fish
Jul 26, 2019
Whatup dudes I was just wondering if anyone would like to help me id the strain and quality of my juvenile flowerhorn1381432
I bought him at my lfs for $6 as a baby and he has grown quite a bit in the last 3-4 months and is currently only about 4 inches
I believe he is a ZZ red dragon but jut want another opinion, any help is appreciated.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Whatup dudes I was just wondering if anyone would like to help me id the strain and quality of my juvenile flowerhorn
I bought him at my lfs for $6 as a baby and he has grown quite a bit in the last 3-4 months and is currently only about 4 inches

I believe he is a ZZ red dragon but jut want another opinion, any help is appreciated.
Yes that is indeed a ZZ, and a very nice one to boot, let alone for only $6, great score. Opinions may differ but I really like the big black blotch extension of his flowerline up to his head -- a bit unique. Nice hump too, I'll bet it'll get huge with proper care, which you seem to be doing quite well, keep it up.

Also not sure if you've tried it, but feeding Hikari Bloodred Parrot+ 2-3 times a week will help bring his reds out even more. IME a darker colored substrate will also help to make their colors pop.

Peebo2001

Feeder Fish
Jul 26, 2019
Yes that is indeed a ZZ, and a very nice one to boot, let alone for only $6, great score. Opinions may differ but I really like the big black blotch extension of his flowerline up to his head -- a bit unique. Nice hump too, I'll bet it'll get huge with proper care, which you seem to be doing quite well, keep it up.

Also not sure if you've tried it, but feeding Hikari Bloodred Parrot+ 2-3 times a week will help bring his reds out even more. IME a darker colored substrate will also help to make their colors pop.
Thanks! He used to be all pearls but then I started feeding him Okiko Platinum for the last few months and a very light pinkish red has appeared on the front half of his body, but he’s still young so I'm hoping it will become a deeper red down the road.

ny.subway

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 31, 2017
That's a good quality flowerhorn. Keep grooming it. looks like a zzkamfa coz the pearls are all over which is a steal for $6. I wonder where u get them.

Ya12yo23

Feeder Fish
Jul 19, 2019
IMG_20190814_141521_546.jpg can somone ID my flowernhorn too? I get very very confused about the differences when I look it up online. Lol. Got him about at about 2 inches 6 months ago, currently he's about 5 inches long

20190814_140904.jpg

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store