Flowerhorn Identification

AssCrust

Feeder Fish
Apr 16, 2019
Hello fellow fish keepers, I'm quite curious to know the identification/type of Flowerhorn I currently possess as of right now. My LFS has provided me with information stating that she's a female and is around 6 months in the making, I bought her roughly 4 months ago which leads her to be around 10 months. I would also like to know whether she would look good or not when she's older.

Here are some pics that have been provided.

IMG_0174.JPGIMG_0175.JPGIMG_0176.JPGIMG_0177.JPG

Reactions: Jexnell

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Hello fellow fish keepers, I'm quite curious to know the identification/type of Flowerhorn I currently possess as of right now. My LFS has provided me with information stating that she's a female and is around 6 months in the making, I bought her roughly 4 months ago which leads her to be around 10 months. I would also like to know whether she would look good or not when she's older.

Here are some pics that have been provided.
Yes it is a ZZ as Hybridfinatic says, and while she could be a bit more red -- you might consider to change to a darker color substrate -- I think she's quite lovely -- best of all the very top piece of her flowerlline looks like a heart :) it's really cool.

AssCrust

Feeder Fish
Apr 16, 2019
Yes it is a ZZ as Hybridfinatic says, and while she could be a bit more red -- you might consider to change to a darker color substrate -- I think she's quite lovely -- best of all the very top piece of her flowerlline looks like a heart :) it's really cool.
Thank you, I currently just bought natural gravel for her yesterday, I'll change it within this week definitely.

Reactions: islandguy11

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Thank you, I currently just bought natural gravel for her yesterday, I'll change it within this week definitely.
As a side note, while some might do it, I personally wouldn't recommend to change out your entire substrate all at one time, maybe half one week and the other half a week or so later. There's usually a lot of good bacteria there. So depending on how much substrate one is talking about, and also how much filtration you have, it's better to kind of transition over to a new substrate imho, it'll help to avoid possible ammonia spikes/tank crashes. Just my thinking bro and depends on other tank factors.

AssCrust

Feeder Fish
Apr 16, 2019
Y
As a side note, while some might do it, I personally wouldn't recommend to change out your entire substrate all at one time, maybe half one week and the other half a week or so later. There's usually a lot of good bacteria there. So depending on how much substrate one is talking about, and also how much filtration you have, it's better to kind of transition over to a new substrate imho, it'll help to avoid possible ammonia spikes/tank crashes. Just my thinking bro and depends on other tank factors.
Yeah true, I've been slowly taking bits of the substrate out each water change, there's really not much left now. After I place the new substrate in I'll make sure to keep consistently doing new water changes within that week or two. Normally I'd just clean her tank twice a week, but I'll double that amount.

Reactions: islandguy11
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store